December 22, 20169 yr Popular Post comment_88965 Turned 'em set 'em aside to dry and the little buggers went all changeling on me Too cute for them to be too ugly or sumpin' Report
December 22, 20169 yr comment_88967 Well, I like 'em. Probably be able to sell them for a higher price because of the "artistic value" Report
December 22, 20169 yr comment_88969 They did squiggle up on you. They still look fine. A lot of turners turn wet wood to finished dimensions and let the drying process reign. Never tried it myself but intend to. Report
December 22, 20169 yr comment_88976 I know guys who always turn to finish green, just so the bowls will warp. It doesn't hurt them in the least and adds some character. Any time I am turning natural edge I take them to finish thickness green. The just look better IMO. Nice work! Steve Report
December 22, 20169 yr comment_88977 I'm like Lew...I like them...way cool...That's why you do this type of things is to end up with some one-of-a-kinds. Appreciate you sharing Cliff. Report
December 22, 20169 yr comment_88980 I like them too. To me that is character AND makes them more of a One of a Kind item Report
December 22, 20169 yr Author comment_88986 1 hour ago, HandyDan said: Never tried it myself but intend to. When you do, be sure to leave yourself plenty of nice wide curves for the finish sanding job. I found myself really challenged trying to get my gear in the tight spaces. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.