Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

The Patriot Woodworkers with Operation Ward 57 Adopt a Wounded Warrior Family for the Holidays - 2019 project is live, please click on link to view our very special annual project.

Rate this topic

Last summer we took a trip to Lake Tahoe and toured the surrounding areas as well, this image is inside the Donner Museum, and I am standing next to a 48" big bad blade. Now what I cannot remember if this was a blade to cut through ice in the nearby Donner Lake, or if it was used in a mill, I don't think this would cut wood very well, so I am leaning towards it being an ice blade to cut ice blocks for the local towns refrigerating needs. But it is was impressive either way. I was going through some memories today of 2014 and found this.

post-3922-0-61285900-1420052988.jpg

Gene, these would typically be turned with a crank attached to a stationary bicycle. A bunch of circus clowns would take turns pedaling the bike and when the got cold all 276 of them would pile back into their car to get warm. The ice "dust" would be applied to farm fields and gardens aiding in plant growth during the spring and summer months.

ok on a serious note I wonder how much of a hum that blade would have at full speed?

Gene, these would typically be turned with a crank attached to a stationary bicycle. A bunch of circus clowns would take turns pedaling the bike and when the got cold all 276 of them would pile back into their car to get warm. The ice "dust" would be applied to farm fields and gardens aiding in plant growth during the spring and summer months.

ok on a serious note I wonder how much of a hum that blade would have at full speed?

You know John, I bet it made a slishy hissy sound ripping through the ice,