October 2, 201411 yr comment_55172 Hi Everyone Here are a few photos of a little custom watch box I just finished.Made from Spanish Cedar and measures 4.5" x 3.5" x 3". Intarsia top consists of 10 pieces from 4 different woods.Features secret compartment. Report
October 2, 201411 yr comment_55173 That's beautiful. Love the intarsia and the hidden hidey hole. The grain on the top is awesome. Is it quarter sawn? Report
October 2, 201411 yr Author comment_55174 Thanks Gene The top is made from Australian Lacewood sometimes called Silky Oak. Love working with this wood. Report
October 2, 201411 yr comment_55176 Mike, that is gorgeous! I'll bet the shop smelled good, too! Report
October 2, 201411 yr comment_55177 Beautiful box Mike and awesome craftsmanship. I love the Intarsia. Report
October 3, 201411 yr comment_55186 Very nice Mike, beside the obvious work you put into it, which is hand made perfection, I love the hide a hole, that just makes it form me, that is something I have wanted to do in my past projects but just never seemed to get it planned. How is the cover held in place, sliding dovetail? Report
October 3, 201411 yr Author comment_55198 Thanks John The cover was made using sliding dovetails and the opening was done after the dovetail slot was cut using a 3/0 blade on the scrollsaw. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.