Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Gene Howe

Jewelry Ring Holder

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Gene Howe -
Cliff -

Top Posters

Finishing up the first of 4 drawered jewelry chests and want to make the smallest drawer into a ring drawer. How do you guys construct ring holders. I'm thinking foam wrapped dowels but, is there a better method or product?

Thanks for your help.

Gene, when I retro-fitted a clock case into a jewelry box I simply cut 3/16" grooves into a block of wood, and glued thick velvet into it. I went to the local fabric store and bought some velvet, and used 3M adhesive to secure it to the block, I laid it down immediately after spraying both the wood surface and the back of the cloth, and I had enough time to work it into the grooves one groove at a time, I simply inserted a straight edge ruler into the grooves to push the velvet material into the grooves, the result was flawless. The rings fit nice and snug.

Thanks a lot, John. That is exactly what I need!

Your retrofit is almost identical to the chests I'm making. Hope mine turn out as nice.

you could use an array of half circle vertical slots made with a forstner drill bit and capped by the next layer to stand the rings up so that the box presents them in a row with the decorative settings displayed. This would present the settings better than a little dowel or button where the ring lies flat.

The one caveat is that you gotta provide the right spacing so they don't make contact with each other and for some rings that spacing can be substantial.