September 6Sep 6 comment_380727 I watched the most recent video by ShopSmith for another round of QandA's, and they mentioned the website was vastly improved and broken links are gone and a new user experience, it is a great improvement over what they had.Poke around and see how nice it is, and they even brought back their free plans.ShopSmithShopSmith — 7 Woodworking Tools in One MachineThe ShopSmith MARK 7 combines a table saw, lathe, drill press, sander, boring machine, router and shaper in one compact machine. Built in the USA since 1947.ShopSmithShopSmith Owner Community | ShopSmithJoin the ShopSmith owner community — makers, restorers and weekend builders sharing projects, setups and hard-won shop advice every day. Report
September 6Sep 6 Author comment_380728 They also have a nice blog too.ShopSmith Web PlatformWOODWORKING INSPIRATION | ShopSmith Web Platform Report
September 21Sep 21 comment_381204 They used to have a nice user's group online. I was active, but I sort of faded out when a new guy joined and felt he had to comment on everything over and over. The one type of person that really irritates me is an ultracrepidarium. Report
September 22Sep 22 Author comment_381218 The old forum got pulled over to the main site as I linked too. Many of the old timers stepped away from what I can see, they weren't too happy with the migration and formatting. The forum software they were using was Phpbb, a very solid long term application. Personally I would have left it alone.The appearance did look outdated. But that could've easily been fixed, I could of made it look like the new Shopsmith website and retained the original formatting and user interface, just a little tweaking. Would of taken a few hours.Instead from what I can see they migrated the content and membership to a different forum software, which broke formatting and layout of the old content. A rookie mistake, one I made a few times in my early days creating our community here. Report
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.