October 29, 2025Oct 29 comment_364171 Christmas is coming soon!! I made this with a spokeshave. I originally made a much longer one to set up on the fireplace mantle but can be put anywhere. And any size with any arrangement. Be creative! Cheers! MrRick Report
October 30, 2025Oct 30 comment_364177 Very cool Rick. Do you apply any finish to these? Store them in a box or plastic container between seasons? Report
October 30, 2025Oct 30 Author comment_364178 Thanks @Grandpadave52 There's no finish at all on them! I store them in a separate cardboard box. If they get broken no big deal. They're made of scrap normally destined for recycling. I just crank out more. Edited October 30, 2025Oct 30 by MrRick Report
October 30, 2025Oct 30 comment_364180 4 minutes ago, MrRick said: I just crank out more. 18 more months and I get an extra day off a week to give this a whirl. 😁 Report
October 30, 2025Oct 30 Author comment_364185 Good on ya Gunny! Why wait? The longer you put off something you want to do, the more time there is for something preventing you from doing it. Never do for tomorrow what you can do today. Report
October 30, 2025Oct 30 comment_364188 21 minutes ago, MrRick said: Why wait? Paying off house, about best I can do is that timeline, within reason. Report
October 30, 2025Oct 30 comment_364191 Always liked this technique. What species of wood did you use? Report
October 31, 2025Oct 31 comment_364297 I've seen this on the net the last few years. Very well executed 👌 Report
October 31, 2025Oct 31 Author comment_364307 Thanks aaronc ! I've made a number of them for Christmas. Always well received. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.