September 6, 20242 yr Popular Post comment_341890 In my younger, invincible, know it almost all, got to get 'er done days I was ripping an old piece of native, white oak on my old Craftsman RAS. Still not sure what happened, but it tossed it out the door about 50' into the yard after grazing my side. I learned two things that day; (1) No matter how much I think I know, I'll never know enough (2) Never to use a RAS to rip lumber. Oh, one more thing...keep a roll of toilet paper in the shop just in case. Did I mention I learned two three things that day? Report
September 6, 20242 yr comment_341897 8 hours ago, JWD said: Guy like that has no business in a shop. Just common sense to not distract someone using a machine. If that coworker was smart, he learned a bit about how to behave in the world. If not, he's probably still polishing that grudge! To that point, I always keep my shop door locked. My neighbor used to think it funny to slide in unnoticed and “surprise” me. Yes, he is a moron. More stories about him later. Report
September 6, 20242 yr Popular Post comment_341899 2 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said: In my younger, invincible, know it almost all, got to get 'er done days I was ripping an old piece of native, white oak on my old Craftsman RAS. Still not sure what happened, but it tossed it out the door about 50' into the yard after grazing my side. I learned two things that day; (1) No matter how much I think I know, I'll never know enough (2) Never to use a RAS to rip lumber. Oh, one more thing...keep a roll of toilet paper in the shop just in case. Did I mention I learned two three things that day? #4 Keep spare pair of underwear handy. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.