February 1, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_282964 I am asking about having an urn made for my son, Nicholas, an young combat infantry vet. He served with honor and distinction with the 1/32IN, 3rd BCT, 10thMD in Afstan. He fought the good fight but finally lost his battle to PTS and deep depression. My son died by suicide on the afternoon of June 11, 2021. He was the father of two young sons. We'll be bringing Nick to Arlington when they can schedule his burial, most likely 2-4 months from now. One of my friends at lumberjocks suggested I contact this group to ask about an urn for Nick. Report
February 1, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_282967 I will add this to our Wednesday’s Wisdom post, Carol. Hopefully we can find someone to help you. Report
February 1, 20224 yr Author Popular Post comment_282971 appears that arlington wants an urn no larger than 9"x9"x9". this doesn't have to be something turned, and actually, i hadn't even thought about a turning. for whatever reason, i just kept seeing just a square box. nick wouldn't care about the shape, but i think he'd really, really like it that another vet made it for him. i KNOW he'd like to have had me make it but i just can't bring myself to do it... Report
February 1, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_282980 I will share this on the General Woodworking forum as well. Report
February 1, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_282981 1 hour ago, carol.s.m. said: appears that arlington wants an urn no larger than 9"x9"x9". this doesn't have to be something turned, and actually, i hadn't even thought about a turning. for whatever reason, i just kept seeing just a square box. nick wouldn't care about the shape, but i think he'd really, really like it that another vet made it for him. i KNOW he'd like to have had me make it but i just can't bring myself to do it... Send me a PM for where to send it and such. I will get it made for you. Here is one I made for my Father last year. Report
February 1, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_282990 This is available but I think it may be taller than 9”. I can measure it if you are interested. Report
February 1, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_282994 @carol.s.m....I personally am unable to provide your request but you have my deepest and sincerest sympathy for your loss as well as my respect and gratitude for Nicholas' service to our nation. You are in my prayers. Someone here will rise to your request in honor of Nicholas. God bless. Report
February 1, 20224 yr Author Popular Post comment_282996 thank you very much; and yes, someone here stood up, one of nick's marine brothers. Report
February 1, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_283000 Carol, very glad you found one of our Patriot Woodworkers to fulfill your request. Report
February 2, 20224 yr Author Popular Post comment_283029 thank you very much for your suggestion, gene Report
February 2, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_283030 21 hours ago, Gunny said: Send me a PM for where to send it and such. I will get it made for you. Thank you Gunny, Report
February 2, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_283062 12 hours ago, carol.s.m. said: thank you very much for your suggestion, gene You are most welcome, Carol. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.