Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Winners have been randomly selected, please see the list of lucky recipients at Winners Announcement. Please scroll down a tad at the original topic to view the list.

Sign in to follow this  
BillyJack

Maybe some cabinets

Rate this topic

Not flaws Billy, but just a comment.  IMHO, 12" cabinets are not worth much.  They are too small for much of anything even if you go with frameless cabinets.  On a 13' wall, there is only 2' of usable lower cabinetry and 6' of "wasted" space.  This doesn't count the 3' corner cabinet.  I realize there will be wasted space there, but I am not a big fan of lazy susans there either.

I corrected some things wrong on the drawings. He just wants a bid on the boxes, drawer guides and taping the edges. 

I don't know if I will make the doors. Something odd to be done with doors. Not sure..

My cabinet pricing is based on this and that to get the totals. When added up itshe price. Breaking it down makes me go higher....

I don't like 12"  upper cabinets myself, but I'm not designing these. I'm just building the boxes as requested.  

Bids in and I'll know this week...

When I did bidding I always gave the basic bid on cabinets and after that I introduced improvements if money allowed. I never pushed a customer to spend more. Base price, better price and the high line price.." What's in your wallet"

Hey Billy, I wasn't talking about the uppers - I was talking about 12" wide base cabinets.  When I looked at the sketch, about the only useful storage area is a 2' cabinet beside the range.  A good deal of counter space, but not much storage.  JMHO Billy.  That much space could be so much more useful for a bit more (if any) extra cost.

20 hours ago, BillyJack said:

I understand but unless he wants advise I really just stay out of it. If I get aproved I'll make comments an see if thee interested in a better layout....

Well, one way to look at it is if you want the job a couple helpful suggestions might be a factor in deciding to give you the work:)

I don't always go to the cheapest supplier in town when I can get good advise down the street...

Update.....guy text me yesturday,  Said he built the boxes and wanted my help taping the edges. I asked if he already built the boxes. He said yes. When he calls today Im gonna tell him he's on his own. I'll help him on the phone if possible but I'm no taping already built boxes. 

This is why you never try and build cabinets without understanding the process A-Z. He's in a fix now....

Edited by BillyJack