October 25, 20196 yr Popular Post comment_206402 a friend is building a model of the Enterprise, with 100s of little LEDs inside. he needs a base to mount this on, via a hollow rod from the bottom of the ship. sure, i can make something for you. he sends me a picture with dimensions.....yup, i can do that. ta da: he'll paint it to suit his tastes, just some poplar. hole is 3/8", stepping down to 1/4", so the support rod has a shelf to rest on. about 15" tall. slot is for the wiring to exit the base. Report
October 25, 20196 yr Author comment_206419 6 minutes ago, BillyJack said: Nice... cool to fill in the emblem with colored epoxy.... that's the plan. black. Report
October 25, 20196 yr Author comment_206420 just wondering, why so many threads on page 1 that are over a year old? nothing new going on? Report
October 25, 20196 yr comment_206422 1 minute ago, DAB said: just wondering, why so many threads on page 1 that are over a year old? nothing new going on? DAB, Somebody is going through the older threads and adding posts to them. Report
October 25, 20196 yr comment_206423 7 minutes ago, Larry Buskirk said: DAB, Somebody is going through the older threads and adding posts to them. @Kevin Beitz is having a blast with them, I like seeing older ones brought up, there is some excellent content back there. Report
October 25, 20196 yr Popular Post comment_206427 Yep... That's me... I'm reading every post.... Report
October 25, 20196 yr Author comment_206431 43 minutes ago, Kevin Beitz said: Yep... That's me... I'm reading every post.... save you some time: once upon a time, there was a tree, it grew tall and strong. then one day, Paul Bunyan chopped it down and brought it to market, and Gepetto carved it into a little boy who couldn't tell the truth. he later became a leg on a highboy. the end. Report
October 25, 20196 yr Popular Post comment_206432 You got some post hidden away... One's I can't find to read? I got a lot of new stuff to post but I did not want to start something until I got finished reading all that's here... Report
October 25, 20196 yr Author comment_206435 nah. my long ago thread on how to build an end grain cutting board is buried deep. just jump in, ask a question, or show off what you've done. or both "look what i did, what do you think?" as for me, when i get an idea of something to build, i normally just dive in and start on it (after a little planning). i only show things that turned out ok. Report
October 25, 20196 yr Popular Post comment_206436 Believe me I got a lot to post... I enjoy building my working machines. Some of the things I made. A turning wood lathe that fits on my mill and makes twisted octagons. A very large wood bowl lathe. Sanders of all types. Chainsaw slab chop saw... A saw mill router plane. Wood burning tools. I'm now building a 12 ft X 8 ft router plane. The list goes on... Report
October 26, 20196 yr comment_206447 3 hours ago, Kevin Beitz said: Believe me I got a lot to post... I enjoy building my working machines. Some of the things I made. A turning wood lathe that fits on my mill and makes twisted octagons. A very large wood bowl lathe. Sanders of all types. Chainsaw slab chop saw... A saw mill router plane. Wood burning tools. I'm now building a 12 ft X 8 ft router plane. The list goes on... So we will have plenty of reading and comments to make. I look forward to this. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.