July 5, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_195136 Recent purchase of hearing aids made me think I needed a box to carry extra batteries. I have always wanted to make one of these slide top boxes so that was the answer. Report
July 5, 20197 yr comment_195138 Have you any concern regarding the door sliding sufficiently so that the batteries fall out? This is a very cool idea and I am playing with the concept about it sliding only one way or some plastic lock so it will not slide until you wish it to open. Possibly a small dowel to insert to prevent accidental slippage. Just random thoughts coming out here. I like the idea and thanks for posting. Great idea. Report
July 5, 20197 yr comment_195141 Gerald, I don't know the size of your batteries. I think mine are 312. Anyway I found out Sams Club sells them in packets of 40 for about 9 bucks. Can't beat the price. They can be found where they sell hearing aids. They are Zinc/air You must unseal to activate (let air in) They last as long or longer than the expensive ones. Report
July 5, 20197 yr comment_195145 Cool! Don’t be like me and forget to rotate them with new ones and use the old ones. Report
July 5, 20197 yr Author comment_195149 49 minutes ago, FlGatorwood said: Have you any concern regarding the door sliding sufficiently so that the batteries fall out? This is a very cool idea and I am playing with the concept about it sliding only one way or some plastic lock so it will not slide until you wish it to open. Possibly a small dowel to insert to prevent accidental slippage. Just random thoughts coming out here. I like the idea and thanks for posting. Great idea. The slide is very tight and may in time loosen but for now not easy to slide. This is the same style box I have seen in shops when traveling however I made mine tighter. 25 minutes ago, Ron Altier said: Gerald, I don't know the size of your batteries. I think mine are 312. Anyway I found out Sams Club sells them in packets of 40 for about 9 bucks. 312 here also got 60 on Amazon for 16.98 Rayovac Extra. Have to check Sam's next time as both wife and I use the same. Report
July 6, 20197 yr comment_195225 21 hours ago, Smallpatch said: This is my batteries already packaged . Same as mine Report
July 6, 20197 yr Author comment_195239 22 hours ago, Smallpatch said: This is my batteries already packaged . But do you carry that in your pocket? Report
July 6, 20197 yr comment_195240 2 minutes ago, Gerald said: But do you carry that in your pocket? The hearing aid or the batteries?? Report
July 9, 20197 yr comment_195477 On 7/4/2019 at 9:35 PM, Ron Altier said: Can't beat the price. I can. The VA pays for mine. Report
July 9, 20197 yr comment_195494 The Zinc/air batteries do not run down in the package. They are only activated after you take the seal off and let air in for one minute.......then install in your aids. Ear wax is a huge problem for me and I clean mine about twice a week. I use magnifiers on my glasses and tiny brushes/scrapers to do that job. I watched the tech do it and now do it myself. I don't like the hassle of setting up an appt, traveling to the tech and waiting. I was an inst tech in my working days, so it is just another job for me. Report
July 9, 20197 yr comment_195521 14 hours ago, PostalTom said: I can. The VA pays for mine. Mine too. Report
July 9, 20197 yr comment_195526 I keep a package in the car and pickup and they last a week and maybe a day or two depending on the volume they are set on. I carry that package if I might be away from the vehicles for any length of time.. and yes they came from the VA also with a life time of batteries and main- tain- ance. the package is small enough to carry in any pocket and not knowing which to stick my hand in to first. Report
July 10, 20197 yr comment_195548 I rarely wear mine anymore After the initial scare that I had lost one while mowing the lawn. I try to spend a good bit of time in the shop and putting the dust mask on & off so much. I reckon I could change my habit and be more careful; but I haven't yet. I think I wore them a few weeks back when we went up to Columbus... Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.