May 27, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_191766 This shameless endorsement could have gone under the tools or tip section but I’m going to stick it up here. I don’t readily endorse products but this one is worthy. A couple of weeks ago, I bought two 16 ounce Glu-bots and they are nothing short of phenomenal. At $8 each they reduce the mess of glue and speeds up a glue up. The Glu-bot comes with an edge spreader but I haven’t used it yet. The glue siphons back into the main bottle and It also comes with a soft cap that keeps the tip clean. I have TBII in one and TBIII in the other. Report
May 27, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_191769 Just saw one of these in use on the show that used to be called "Rough Cut". Looked pretty neat. Thanks for the positive review Report
May 28, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_191793 But then what do I do with the Honey Bear bottle or the mustard bottles???? Report
May 28, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_191795 21 minutes ago, Woodbutcherbynight said: But then what do I do with the Honey Bear bottle or the mustard bottles???? Report
May 28, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_191813 I have both versions (baby and poppa) of the 'bot. The red lanyard broke early and the red cap went somewhere (replacements can be bought). Unless you're doing glue ups a lot, the glue does set up in the tip after a week or so, so you have to either clean after each use or periodically soak it in hot water to clear it out. I've come to use a mustard bottle top with the standard glue bottle. Elegant design those mustard tops. Yes, glue does dry on them, but it just pops off. When the glue level in the bottle drops to the point where I have to wait too long, I buy a new bottle. Next year, I'm getting a 50 gallon drum of T-III and a continuous pump with outlet dispensers at each bench. Both of them. Report
May 28, 20197 yr Author Popular Post comment_191819 1 hour ago, PeteM said: Next year, I'm getting a 50 gallon drum of T-III and a continuous pump with outlet dispensers at each bench. Both of them. Let me know how the pricing is on a drum. My gallons don’t last long enough. Report
May 28, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_191825 2 hours ago, PeteM said: I'm getting a 50 gallon drum of T-III and a continuous pump with outlet dispensers at each bench. I like this idea!! 41 minutes ago, Ron Dudelston said: Let me know how the pricing is on a drum. Maybe we can get a bulk discount if we pool our resources. Report
May 28, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_191843 I keep spare tips from the old Titebond bottles so I can switch as needed. I leave them in a plastic coffee can with Dawn dish soap water, just rinse and use. What can I say I'm cheap!!! Report
May 28, 20197 yr comment_191847 Tried sticking a toothpick in the nozzle. Guess what? It broke when I tried to get it out. Report
May 28, 20197 yr comment_191848 We got a couple of these for the furniture bank (used once a week or less by volunteers). We found the caps went missing and the glue also gobbed over the tops, the same as on the mustard jars, etc., that we had been using. We got about 8 gal. of near expiry date glue from McFeely's, so no small bottles available. Report
May 28, 20197 yr Author Popular Post comment_191854 4 hours ago, Gerald said: Ron are you planning on going swimming? Naw, my feet are stuck to the ground. Report
May 28, 20197 yr comment_191857 I got one also and quickly loved it. I said so on this forum. Someone responded that he tried it too and it also became a mess, just like all others. I had my doubts. However, after about 6 months of use (sadly) it was not any better than the others. Good luck with yours, I hope it works well for you. Maybe I didn't use it properly. Report
May 29, 20197 yr Author comment_191861 54 minutes ago, Ron Altier said: Good luck with yours, I hope it works well for you. Maybe I didn't use it properly. Time will tell. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.