Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Smallpatch

I keep finding pictures I thought were gone

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Smallpatch -
Grandpadave52 -

Top Posters

This was when I started using store bought carving pieces on the mantle clocks. They were too flat so the first step in real carving was I used the store bought pieces and traced around them on thicker wood, maple, and carved them to match the patterns. So now I have a drawer full of the pattern pieces I don't use anymore.

I like to try something different from time to time. Sometimes the changing is accepted into the build and sometimes it ain't!

I used ash wood in this clock...Great wood for doing all kinds of things with it.. Store bought carving also on this one! French curved set and a big piece of graph paper is all it took  for the design....

The lady that bought it said it reminded her of Christmas candy.

If a person got lots of time and a bunch of real fine small brushes and a set of kids water colors is all you need.1232560101_chariotoffirewithwheels.jpg.1f06674d3e30debeb60b74fd312ae4f9.jpg

On 1/18/2019 at 10:04 AM, Smallpatch said:

The lady that bought it said it reminded her of Christmas candy.

I guess I can see that...the old time ribbon candy you used to only get at Christmas...made me think of Cinderella's carriage.