Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Mattb0313

Hi from Tulsa

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Mattb0313 -
Gerald -

Top Posters

Welcome to The Patriot Woodworker Matt! Call this place home. That is one beautiful table my friend! Anyone would be proud to have that in their living space.

I'd like to know, where did you acquire the legs from?

Thanks for joining us!

First and foremost, Thank-you for your service & sacrifice Matt. May your hobby continue to impart comfort as needed.

Second, Welcome to The Patriot Woodworker. Happy you found us & great to have you here. Many great & talented people here...hopefully one day it will rub off on me.:P

Hope all goes well with the sale of your house and impending move...no matter you're in between shops & projects we look forward to hearing and sharing what has and is going on with you.

Beautiful table and especially the slab of cherry. Gonna' guess that has some heft to it? Thanks for sharing it and being here.

I got the legs from eBay from a seller called worldtrade100, I ordered two sets, and out of the two one leg was 1/2” longer than the rest. They ended up giving me a full refund and let me keep them. https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-12-16-28-Hairpin-Coffee-Table-Legs-DIY-Metal-Set-of-4-Home-Furniture-Parts/192664908803?hash=item2cdbb93403:m:m4liL2wtfdwRCNC78N0sQEw

Thank you for your service and, thank you for honoring us by joining our group of woodworkers. 

Your table is awesome. As it darkens, it's going to be even more beautiful. 

Grandpadave, it’s not super heavy ~35 pounds with legs I’d guess. Finished size is 45.25x16.25x2x18”. I used threaded inserts to attach the legs so they can be removed to store, move or ship. I actually had this peice left from a slab I’m using to build a river table for a friend so I built it up to sell. The original slab was 10’4” long and ~2.5” thick. I had no plans for it when I bought it last year, but couldn’t beat the price, so it sat in the garage from last May until last month. 

1 hour ago, Mattb0313 said:

I got the legs from eBay from a seller called worldtrade100, I ordered two sets, and out of the two one leg was 1/2” longer than the rest. They ended up giving me a full refund and let me keep them. https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-12-16-28-Hairpin-Coffee-Table-Legs-DIY-Metal-Set-of-4-Home-Furniture-Parts/192664908803?hash=item2cdbb93403:m:m4liL2wtfdwRCNC78N0sQEw

Excellent, thanks for the resource Matt!

Beautiful table.  Welcome

9 hours ago, Mattb0313 said:

threaded inserts to attach the legs

So, were those 1/4-20  5/16 3/8?  Just curious (I would ask brass, steel, other, but just because i like hardware :ChinScratch:).

As others have said, thank you for your service and thank you for joining us here!  :)

1/4-20 brass inserts because that’s what was in stock at my local Woodcraft. Used stainless screws. 

Welcome Matt! Love the pictures! 

You've found a great group here. They are all super friendly.

Hi Matt, and welcome. That table looks awesome. I still be in the ask questions category, not answer questions category (unless you got electrical questions LOL). Good group here.

Hey, Matt, double on everything said above. Actively woodworking or not, pour a cup, bring your sense of humor, and pull up a chair.

Bill

Welcome aboard Matt.  We have a strong veteran presence here, so anything you want to share or vent, believe me, we understand.  That is a fine looking table.  As far as picking up some tips, it looks like you might be the one to be offering tips also.