Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Ron Dudelston

Arched Raised Panel Door Template

Rate this topic

I had a friend stop by today wanting some arched raised panel doors made.  Looks like I’m in the market for a template but can’t decide which one to buy so I’ll ask my good friends here.  Any of y’all bought a template that you love?  What kind is it?

I've only made one set of arched doors. Instead of the raised panel, they had stained glass inserts. I just drew up a template for the arch and then used a stick/cope bit set to create the frame.

A set of french curves can be had at Hobby Lobby for about 10 bucks and you can draw up all kinds

of arched raised panels. The ready made ones I've seen were made of plastic so that could be bought at HL also.. Besides building a set just a hair different would have your name on them!! You do have some graph paper don't you?

It shouldn't be hard to make your own, Like the curve of the bottom of a 5 gal bucket.

https://www.rockler.com/how-to/raised-panel-door-tools-techniques/

https://www.woodmagazine.com/woodworking-tips/techniques/routing/arched-panels

Herb

No experience with any Ron, but I recall reading somewhere decent reviews on these.

CMT-TMP-003 Template Set

PeachTree Woodworking just had a set on sale a couple or so weeks ago...don't recall if it was these or another brand.

I made my own, but I only needed 2 sizes....might be different if I was making several different widths. Using MDF, I cut the curve I wanted and smoothed it out.