August 11, 20188 yr comment_156356 1 hour ago, Dadio said: GO Harbor Freight!!! as in very far away.. Report
August 11, 20188 yr comment_156369 6 hours ago, Stick486 said: not anymore... they figured out how to make cheap.. cheaper... and the pads refuse to stay on but they will split... You are talking about the squeeze clamps we are talking about the aluminum bar clamps, I agree with you about the squeeze clamps. Herb Report
August 11, 20188 yr comment_156378 If a "squeeze clamp" is the HF version of the Irwin Quick Grip, then I agree. They are trash. Have never had a problem with the bar clamps. Report
August 11, 20188 yr comment_156382 11 hours ago, Dadio said: https://www.ebay.com/itm/60-in-Aluminum-F-Style-Bar-Clamp-Garage-Home-Auto-Shop-Construction-Job-Tools/253511114927?hash=item3b0670a0af:g:pSUAAOSwft9asxfV @ $1000.00 each??? they come with Golden screws?? or just a laughing sound track that says you were screwed? Report
August 11, 20188 yr comment_156388 6 hours ago, Dadio said: You are talking about the squeeze clamps we are talking about the aluminum bar clamps, I agree with you about the squeeze clamps. Herb the pin holding the end of the clamp on is plastic... the old ones had a steel pin... in fact, there were some left w/ the steel pins... not only that.. if you torqued them the bar bowed and if you kept on going the pin sheared ir the clamp slipped... if the clamp slipped several times in the same place the nips became useless... BTW.. the nibs aren't cut.. they're rolled on/in like knurling Report
August 11, 20188 yr comment_156414 3 hours ago, smitty10101 said: @ $1000.00 each??? they come with Golden screws?? or just a laughing sound track that says you were screwed? But it is free shipping. Herb Report
August 11, 20188 yr comment_156419 14 minutes ago, Dadio said: The ones I have are not like that. Herb replace them and they will be... Report
August 11, 20188 yr comment_156441 3 hours ago, Dadio said: But it is free shipping. Herb So.... you getting them? John Report
August 11, 20188 yr comment_156442 18 hours ago, Stick486 said: as in very far away.. Far away from you is closer to me, I like that. Hooray for Harbor Freight. Herb Report
August 11, 20188 yr comment_156469 I have 2 sets of HF clamps, old ones that are much sturdier than the new ones. I do not apply a lot of pressure when I clamp and these work find. However, if I do some serious clamping, I use the Bessey clamps that I won a few years ago on this site. Report
August 12, 20188 yr comment_156480 I’ll stick with Woodcraft for one major reason. They have stuck by TPW and help pay the bills. Kinda like shopping at my local hardware store instead of the big box store. Report
August 12, 20188 yr comment_156481 1 hour ago, Ron Altier said: old ones that are much sturdier than the new ones. that's the point... new ones are going to be bought... not old ones.... Report
September 19, 20197 yr comment_202102 I bought the HF aluminum clamps years ago. After awhile I'll forget about them and pull them off the wall with high hopes.Then I use them.. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.