Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Guys, been asked to make some of these and was wondering if anyone has built some they really like. Found a couple designs online, but would like to hear from someone who has actually sat in them. :)

Lew, I have made some regular ones as well as the Grandpa/ma version much easier to lift and still very comfortable. More upright design.

1 hour ago, lew said:

Made some chairs but not a rocker. Mine are flat backed, old design.

I made two chairs and a two seater out of cyprees about 8-10 years ago that set on our back porch. I can't remember where I got the plans. They are very comfortable to set in. We have cushions on them. Every one who visits like them.

I built a few some years ago, but I just looked at some pics, and built them to suit myself.

Pat, I made a love seat rocker off a plan I got on line, it could either be a stationary, single seat, or single rocker or double rocker.

There is a ton of free plans out there, lots of different variations. the one I made for a friend,was too low for me, but just right for the grandma and grandkids.

I need a cushion when i sit in them, I picked this plan because it had more conture to the seat.

Herb

Herbs pics 160.JPG

Herbs pics 161.JPG

Herbs pics 164.JPG

Moved this topic to the plans forum.

Herb, I like the look of the base much better on yours than the plan I found. The bearing surface of the rear base is much more solid looking. Do you remember who's plans they were? 

Still haven't found the right one yet.

Edited by Pat Meeuwissen

I made two a-chairs about 18 mos ago.  Wife and I liked both.  We use a light pad over them (more for dust control).  Both plans free.  Ramseys design has seat vs back at 90 degrees and I found that 95 degrees more comfortable.  Had to make the arm pieces longer.  I liked the chairs, so I made footstools and a table to match.  I'm not a good intuitive ww-er, so I plan out my step by step actions and write them into a scenario, including final edits.  This means I have "production" files on both chairs, and the stools and the table.  Let me know if you'd like copies.

https://www.yellawood.com/diy-projects/diy-project-plans/adirondack-chair/

We also have a double Adirondack that one of our members submitted in our Files Downloads section, it may be of use.

On 8/10/2018 at 3:19 AM, Pat Meeuwissen said:

Herb, I like the look of the base much better on yours than the plan I found. The bearing surface of the rear base is much more solid looking. Do you remember who's plans they were? 

Still haven't found the right one yet.

Pat, I am glad you bumped this thread, I missed your request, I think it was the Lee Vally plan I used.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=32755&cat=2,46162

Herb