Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Tags are now required for all content items in our community. We appreciate your participation and patience as we work through this new requirement for topics, gallery images, blogs, and more. This is an exciting resource for all our members to use, with one click on a tag, you can see articles, topics and all our content that is similarly tagged the same. Please read Tagging Your Content for instructions on how to use our tagging system.

Fred W. Hargis Jr

Hands Free Lighted Magnifying Glass

Rate this topic

I need a magnifier with a light, preferably an LED light. I can find the cheaper models easily enough, does anyone have a link to the higher quality ones? As my eyes age, I need more and more help to see small things...like splinters in my finger. I do have a tweezer/magnifying glass from LV, but it's not possible to hold and manage it very well with one (while you're working on the other).

I use one similar to this that I found at a flea market and love it.  It uses a bulb for the light so I put an LED bulb in it.  Here is a link for one.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Studio-Designs-Magnifying-Lamp-with-Bulb-Black-7-5-in-x-10-in-x-36-in/35692840

image.png.5e198577715fce3270e347a7d5556dba.png

Edited by HandyDan

Now if you really want to get down to the fine stuff get one of these. I use mine to pick out those tiny slivers that I can't see. And i can even snap a picture in HD of it.

The tweezers look like a back hoe bucket.

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Microscope-Magnification-Endoscope-Magnifier/dp/B01DHVOGMG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1524169771&sr=8-6&keywords=digital+microscope

Just saying,

Herb

I think I saw those at Harbor Freight. Just think, $20 with a 25% off coupon is $15 plus tax. Oh, don't forget the extended warranty for $9.95. 

6419.gif.29fcd9cff05cd14f9a5f044eb93841e4.gif

Harbor Freight manager of local store asked for my phone number at check out. I asked him why he wanted it, and he said he wanted invite me out to eat. He must have lost it cause he ain't called me! I been fasting ever since, and I am getting hongree!

3 hours ago, Dadio said:

Now if you really want to get down to the fine stuff get one of these. I use mine to pick out those tiny slivers that I can't see. And i can even snap a picture in HD of it.

Under $20   now that's sumpin

3 hours ago, Dadio said:

The tweezers look like a back hoe bucket.

:lol::D:lol::D

2 hours ago, schnewj said:

I think I saw those at Harbor Freight. Just think, $20 with a 25% off coupon is $15 plus tax. Oh, don't forget the extended warranty for $9.95.

To be fair, lets not forget about the Free flashlite (choice of 3 types) or screwdriver set or 5x7 tarp or 25' tape or 7 function multi-meter or 4 pack micro-fiver clothes, or magnetic tray or magnetic tool holder, or power strip or batteries (choice of 3A, 2A, 9V C or D cells, or did I miss anything:lol:

3 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

To be fair, lets not forget about the Free flashlite (choice of 3 types) or screwdriver set or 5x7 tarp or 25' tape or 7 function multi-meter or 4 pack micro-fiver clothes, or magnetic tray or magnetic tool holder, or power strip or batteries (choice of 3A, 2A, 9V C or D cells, or did I miss anything:lol:

I wish they would find some new bribes. I have a couple of those high quality 7 function multi-meters and neither one can tell the difference between AC and DC, although they almost buzz when checking continuity.

4 minutes ago, schnewj said:

I wish they would find some new bribes. I have a couple of those high quality 7 function multi-meters and neither one can tell the difference between AC and DC, although they almost buzz when checking continuity.

I've got a couple of those too, Bill, They sure are fun to use. And when I set them on Ohms and plug them into a hot circuit,they sure light up.

Herb

18 minutes ago, Dadio said:

I've got a couple of those too, Bill, They sure are fun to use. And when I set them on Ohms and plug them into a hot circuit,they sure light up.

Herb

Are you sure you didn't set it on "VA ROOMS"?

19 hours ago, Dadio said:

Dave your my man, a trueblue Harbor Freighter.

Herb

If everyone did their small part H-F couldn't make flashlights and multi-meters fast enough.:lol:

20 minutes ago, Dadio said:

I sure try to do my part.

Herb

We know, Herb, we know!

11 hours ago, Wichman3 said:

These are not lighted, but they're my go to magnifiers, I've got two sets one for home and one for work:

loupe

At 16.5 x I can not only see the splinter, I can tell the species. :)