Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Patriot Woodworker

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New here, happily looking around the place...

Featured Replies

I joined because of a kind invitation from Stick. Thank you...

 

I'm new here, though not to woodworking. I have a few years experience, scattered over as many decades. My last few years experience is blissfully spoiled by access to the amazing Dallas Makerspace. In recently moving from Dallas to colder places, I sold almost everything, and I'm now rebuilding my shop from scratch.

 

I consider this an adventure and opportunity to explore a new approach. My current plan, though constantly evolving, is to operate as long as possible without replacing my table saw and miter saw, instead using a DIY tracksaw/circular saw with an MFT style cutting table. I don't think I'll install crown molding that way, but I'll see how far I can ride this. Portability is a major consideration for all my solutions as I will move again. Finding dust collection and winter heating solutions for an uninsulated garage shop is part of the adventure.

 

My children's increasing interest in learning... and creating their own dreams is wonderful in ways beyond words. And my wife is so happy about the bed I built us before the move that someday soon I'll finish the trim and put a finish on it. This solitary joy of creating isn't so solitary after all.

 

“Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.” 
― Emily Dickinson

 

Glad ya made it sir..

hold my donuts for the others...

word of warning...  Schnooge will be by shortly looking for pie and ice cream...

Welcome to the forum,  You are in good company if Stick recommended you to the forum.

Herb

 

 

Welcome to the adventure Ashley!!!!!

Welcome aboard Ashley.  In addition to the donuts which is "required" of new members, please be advised that we like pictures!

Cal

Welcome to the forum Ashley!!

DONUTS are always appreciated !!!! 

Glad you joined.  Look forward to your participation.

9 hours ago, Stick486 said:

Glad ya made it sir..

hold my donuts for the others...

word of warning...  Schnooge will be by shortly looking for pie and ice cream...

Welcome, Ashley. Glad you joined the fun. Looking forward to seeing some of your work, (the story is no good without pictures). Hope you brought your sense of humor, also.

 

Now, we normally expect that newly joined members brings doughnuts for the group, however, Stick was being a little piggy lately, stealing them all before the rest of us had a chance. I switched to pie and ice cream instead. But lately our buddy has been backing off of the doughnuts. Guilty conscious I guess! Anyway, forget the pie and ice cream for me, I'm on a diet to loose a few pounds in preparation for the coming holiday over eating.

 

Again, welcome to the fun.

 

Bill (aka Schnooge)

Glad to have you here. At least you did not have to go as far north as Stick, But I hear it gets cold where you are too

Happy to see you here and hope you can easily get back into the sawdust thing :P   Tough moving and not having everything come with you.  :(

hope your present place is a good one (once you get the heat thing resolved) B)

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome yo !!!!!!!!

Welcome @AshleyJ...sorry I was absent when you arrived.

@Stick486 wouldn't have invited you over if he didn't think both you and us would not benefit.

My money back guarantee: "you'll like it here!"

Looking forward to seeing you around the virtual workbench often.

It'll be fun as long as Stick and Bill get their Doughnuts and Pie & Ice Cream respectively.  Forget what Bill said about forgetting his Ice Cream.  He holds a grudge.

57 minutes ago, Old Coasty said:

It'll be fun as long as Stick and Bill get their Doughnuts and Pie & Ice Cream respectively.  Forget what Bill said about forgetting his Ice Cream.  He holds a grudge.

 

MY SHARE IS UP FOR GRABS...

HELP YUR SELF..

Nope still on a diet.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.