Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Dear folks, help us raise funding for our community directly. And in the process you'll have a chance to win some terrific tools donated by our sponsors!  Read More...

John Morris

The Patriot Woodworker - Light theme

Rate this topic

Since there seem to be some issues with the new custom theme folks are trying out, some folks are also reporting issues or needs and wants regarding "The Patriot Woodworker - Light" theme within the custom theme topic as well, making it a tad confusing to keep the two reports separate.

Please report issues, needs, wants, and wishes for the "The Patriot Woodworker - Light" theme in this topic so we cant track the two themes in different topics, thanks!:D

When I opened the site this morning, I was greeted by a notice of new rules, which I agreed to, clicked "Save", and the dark custom theme popped up. Now I notice that the custom theme is now the default theme. Makes it hard to keep the two separate! :unsure: Still prefer the light one!

John

Edited by HARO50

Trying it now, John. Typing is back no normal speed. (The site, not mine) and so far everything seems OK. Don't you sometimes wish you had just a normal job, and didn't have to put up with all these old-timers? :D

John

P.s. Posted quickly! Scrolls nicely! So far, so good!!!

Edited by HARO50

the light theme is way better to see...  so much better...

but...

wood grain header... the links placed in/on the wood grain could use a bit more contrast..

the links - gallery and downloads - are almost invisible...

headers for the different forums ... a bit more contrast... can't read them as is...

return to quoted post arrow is still invisible...

did I mention that the light theme is way better to see...  so much better... thanks John...

2 hours ago, HARO50 said:

Trying it now, John. Typing is back no normal speed. (The site, not mine) and so far everything seems OK. Don't you sometimes wish you had just a normal job, and didn't have to put up with all these old-timers? :D

John

P.s. Posted quickly! Scrolls nicely! So far, so good!!!

I wouldn't have it anyother way:)

4 hours ago, HARO50 said:

When I opened the site this morning, I was greeted by a notice of new rules, which I agreed to, clicked "Save", and the dark custom theme popped up. Now I notice that the custom theme is now the default theme. Makes it hard to keep the two separate! :unsure: Still prefer the light one!

John

I had the same thing happen to me, just took it with a few grains of salt, changed to the light theme and moved on.

1 hour ago, John Morris said:

So light theme good, custom theme not good correct?

light.. overall easier on the eyes eye....

a couple of the contrastings are difficult... (already mentioned them)

custom.. pretty busy and hard on the eye... many of the contrasts are better w/ this theme...

gray anything is the pits in either them...

No we did not reboot or clear cache.

We installed a cache resource to make things roll smoother. The performance issues you all been seeing were not theme related, yet server related.

Well see how it goes. Please keep us up to date on any performance issues you may be experiencing in our general bugs and issues forum. Thanks guys, y'all the best!

The light theme is good. Although it took me since you invented it till now to figure out which was which. Too many colors the other way. Anything is better than a red background with blue letters. A few minutes and my eyes tells me to go throw up. Don't remember where I ran into it but it was bad....