December 2, 20169 yr Author comment_86064 Awe Gee Dave, thanks,if I can do it you can do it. I have never made a chair, or even repaired one before, this is all new territory for me. Report
December 2, 20169 yr Author comment_86065 The last things to do was to put the new springs on. I odered them from Amazon,(love those guys) and it would be done. Ordered them Here: https://www.amazon.com/Rocker-Springs/dp/B001DVR8XM After I did that ,when I sat in it something wasn't right. When I took the casters off the back it lowered the back about 2". What to do? I went to Woodcraft and was looking for something to add on to the front legs and spied some wooden balls. They had a hole in one side. They had all sizes so I bought some 2" ones and drilled a 3/4" hole in the front leg the same size as the one in the ball the put a dowel in to hold them and glued them in place. Then stained and sealed them to match the rest of the rocker and was done. Sorry to report that I can't find the picture of the completed rocker. She came and picked it up, and was happy . She is using it, and it is not painted yet. Herb THE END Edited December 2, 20169 yr by Dadio Report
December 2, 20169 yr Author comment_86066 OMG fellas ,I made a huge mistake. My face is red. When I put it back together I switched ends with the base. The front is now the back and the back is now the front. That was why it didn't sit right. I am really embarrassed. I didn't realize it til I wrote this. Check the first picture and you will see what I did. What a dummy I am. Herb Report
December 2, 20169 yr comment_86078 Your work is good enough that when you are 180 degrees out it still looks good. This is coming along real nice. Report
December 2, 20169 yr comment_86098 1 hour ago, DuckSoup said: Your work is good enough that when you are 180 degrees out it still looks good. This is coming along real nice. you got that right.. Report
December 2, 20169 yr Author comment_86154 Thanks guys for the support, but sure a stupid mistake. I forgot to mention that I filled all the tack holes with auto body glaze. it drys fast and hard an can be sanded within the hour. Herb Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.