September 13, 201610 yr comment_73781 Yesterday, I was preparing some stock for another foot stool. Grabbed four already partially milled pieces, consulted my sketch, cut them to length, ripped them to width, drilled four pocket holes in each, sanded them and was preparing to attach them when I realized that I had ripped four pieces that had previously been ripped to the correct width. DUH, I had consulted the wrong sheet of my sketches. There went two hours of my life I'll never get back. I didn't throw a hammer through the window this time. There wasn't one handy. But heated words were exchanged with the idiot that made the mistake. He's on notice, now. Ah, well. Today's a new day. And, thank God it's not a Monday. Report
September 13, 201610 yr Popular Post comment_73782 I don't understand the fascination with Monday and no shop work. I can effectively screw up things on any day of the week...why wait for Monday? Report
September 13, 201610 yr comment_73784 1 hour ago, Gene Howe said: Ah, well. Today's a new day. And, thank God it's not a Monday. 1 hour ago, Fred W. Hargis, Jr said: I don't understand the fascination with Monday and no shop work. I can effectively screw up things on any day of the week...why wait for Monday? What's a Monday? I don't see any of those on my calendar. Are you guys using a metric calendar? Report
September 13, 201610 yr comment_73785 For some reason, I am more tired after work on Monday than any other day, so I usually try not to get in the shop when I feel like that. Bad things can happen... Report
September 13, 201610 yr comment_73787 11 minutes ago, Chips N Dust said: For some reason, I am more tired after work on Monday than any other day, so I usually try not to get in the shop when I feel like that. Bad things can happen... Reminds me of the Mamas & Papas Every other day, every other dayEvery other day of the week is fine, yeahBut whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comesA you can find me cryin' all of the time Report
September 13, 201610 yr comment_73788 I usually don't even have to look at the calender....to know it is a Monday....things just seem to act...differently. Even the camera was acting...weird. I'd look through the viewfinder, set up the shot, press the "shoot" button, and the camera would shut off. I'd wait a minute, camera turns itself back on, Then a quick press of the Shoot button to catch the camera off guard....and I have a picture. Maybe today, I can clean up the schmears of glue, drill a few holes for screws, and attach the top? After all.....this IS Tuesday, right? Report
September 13, 201610 yr Author comment_73792 Kelly, I don't have that excuse. But, I seem to be more stupider than usual on Mondays. Like Dan's Mammas andPoppas quote, cryin all the time. Let's strike Monday from the calendar and start the week with Tuesday#1 and Tuesday#2. Report
September 13, 201610 yr comment_73798 Handy Dan: I'd be willing to bet there are some around here wondering who the heck The Mamas and Papas are/were. Report
September 13, 201610 yr comment_73805 1 hour ago, HandyDan said: Reminds me of the Mamas & Papas Every other day, every other dayEvery other day of the week is fine, yeahBut whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comesA you can find me cryin' all of the time I am not that bad, but I have great expectations during the day of what I want to do when I get home, but when I get home, I feel drained. Not so much on the other days of the week. Report
September 13, 201610 yr comment_73807 40 minutes ago, Fred W. Hargis, Jr said: Handy Dan: I'd be willing to bet there are some around here wondering who the heck The Mamas and Papas are/were. I suppose I should put up the video for them. Report
September 13, 201610 yr comment_73816 1 hour ago, Grandpadave52 said: What's a Monday? I don't see any of those on my calendar. Are you guys using a metric calendar? let's rib it in.... Report
September 13, 201610 yr comment_73817 1 hour ago, Gene Howe said: Kelly, I don't have that excuse. But, I seem to be more stupider than usual on Mondays. Like Dan's Mammas andPoppas quote, cryin all the time. Let's strike Monday from the calendar and start the week with Tuesday#1 and Tuesday#2. retire... make 'em all Saturdays except for a Sunday if you need one.. or just not have nameless days.. only sessions of light and dark... Report
September 13, 201610 yr comment_73821 I kept hitting the tether button to hook up my phone to my puter to get internet. It won't work. restarted it twice. still nothing. checked the settings and my bars and the internet on the phone, no problem. had a cigarette and a few hits on the coffee. phone still plugged into charger and not puter.forgot brain was still in neutral. put brain in gear, plugged to puter and 1 minute later i'm in. every day is a monday when i don't have enough coffee Report
September 13, 201610 yr comment_73828 24 minutes ago, Gerald said: Stick stay away from the Dark Side. daylight 24/7 gets old quick... sunrises w/ coffee and sticky buns on the veranda is a great way to start the day... Report
September 13, 201610 yr comment_73831 Then, spend all Tuesday morning correcting stuff from the day before... Before you know it ... "Tuesday's gone, with the wind....." Report
September 13, 201610 yr comment_73836 Obviously Stick is not a Star Wars fan. We may have to coax him out of the Dark Side. Report
September 13, 201610 yr comment_73858 3 hours ago, Gerald said: Obviously Stick is not a Star Wars fan. We may have to coax him out of the Dark Side. not a fan... +1 for me.... please don't coax... you'll dip into my entertainment... Edited September 13, 201610 yr by Stick486 Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.