Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Patriot Woodworker

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hey, folks

Featured Replies

As I mentioned to all the folks at Wood Mag's forums, I was going to sign in here with John.  (Hi, John!)

I'll have a few things to share with y'all in the coming weeks, as I close down a 2000 square foot commercial shop and shoehorn things back into a 483 sf garage.   Which isn't actually as difficult as it may seem.  All that'll be sacrificed is infeed/outfeed space.  And I'm actually very, very good with this decision.   Why?  Well... you'll see.

Anyway - just wanted to check in and say HELLO to some of my old friends.  

Welcome Matt

Just read your post on Wood that you would probably be over here later on.  Glad to have ya with us.  Get your shop moved asap so you can get active here.

Larry (L_DAV)

3 minutes ago, Matt Seiler said:

As I mentioned to all the folks at Wood Mag's forums, I was going to sign in here with John.  (Hi, John!)

I'll have a few things to share with y'all in the coming weeks, as I close down a 2000 square foot commercial shop and shoehorn things back into a 483 sf garage.   Which isn't actually as difficult as it may seem.  All that'll be sacrificed is infeed/outfeed space.  And I'm actually very, very good with this decision.   Why?  Well... you'll see.

Anyway - just wanted to check in and say HELLO to some of my old friends.  

From one new kid to another, welcome, you're gonna like it here.

 

Looking forward to seeing some of your work and learning from your expertise.

 

Bill

Hello Matt...

Matt, glad you made it over to our community! Great to have you aboard and welcome to your new forum. Thanks for joining us! 

Now, get to work and move that shop so we can see some projects coming in!

Glad to have you here Matt!

Your work is always top notch!

Hey, Matt. Glad you came over!

HI MATT!!

Glad to see your smiling face overhear with the rest of us. :D

Welcome Matt and glad to have you with us. I've expanding my garage shop so I can understand getting moved. See you in the forums.

Welcome Matt?  Uh wait a minute, that don't sound right.  Still glad you're here. 

Glad you came aboard Matt. Lots of familiar faces here, moving over from the WOOD forums. I'm anxious to see the condensed shop, and the projects coming out of it. The guys here are great.

Nice to see you again!

Always enjoy seeing your projects. So welcome to TPW!:lol:

  • Author

Thanks, guys.  

Lots of hopping around, as I pack up the big shop and get it over to the small shop.  Thankfully it's only a 7-mile drive from point A to point B.   The fun will be next week, when i get a big UHaul with a lift gate to help bring the stationary tools over.  

I'll try to get some images and words going when there's something other than a godawful MESS happening.   And I'll get some project photos uploaded to the gallery when time permits.  

Thanks for the warm welcomes, and I look forward to seeing what all of you have been up to!

 

Best,

-Matt-

Hey Matt,

If you do not have room in your new shop for your SawStop, let me know. I am pretty sure I could take that off of your hands for you. I would even come pick it up :D:D

  • Author

Well, that's staying.  Other things, however...   Check my new post in the Classifieds board her on the PW site.  I've got some things that will need a new home.

about time.

 

interested to hear about your reasons for moving to a smaller shop.

 

i just finished building a larger one late last year, 25x50, 12' ceilings.  awesome space to do stuff.

 

  • Author
  • Popular Post

$2,500 per month in overhead.   And we're now fully in an Ikea/Wal-Mart world.   It was just not viable any longer.

Besides - I like making guitars better than I like making furniture.  MUCH less room required.

Great to see you here Matt,

Steve

Glad to see that you have signed in Matt.  And I hear you on the Wal-Mart/Ikea reasons.  When I make a sign or do a mirror I have to tell them up front that I cannot compete with Hobby Lobby and China...

Cal

Edited by clhyer

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.