March 8, 201610 yr comment_65419 I got my wood today and am anxious to use it. These are 11" x 1.5", & cost $10 each. I plan to turn some Christmas ornaments and maybe some handles I am very curious to see how they turn Report
March 8, 201610 yr Author comment_65423 Lew, it took a twist when I glued it The color started to leach out into the glue. Water base finishes are out, unless you want that look Report
March 8, 201610 yr comment_65424 10 minutes ago, Ron Altier said: Lew, it took a twist when I glued it The color started to leach out into the glue. Water base finishes are out, unless you want that look Thanks for the heads up! Report
March 8, 201610 yr Author comment_65426 I had to see how it would turn. It is hard stuff and you must be careful about tare outs going from the softer (yellow hart,) but it is beautiful Report
March 9, 201610 yr comment_65434 I see you're turning it with the grain oriented as it would be for turning a bowl. so far I've only used it with the grain oriented in spindle fashion to make some handles and pens. I had no tear-out in this fashion. For the handles I used Minwax rattle cans of semi-gloss urethane and experienced now issues with the dyes running. For the pens I used a superglue finish and also had no issues with the dyes running. Report
January 21, 20206 yr comment_216202 It's some neat stuff. i got a load of it for free and made this for my wife. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.