Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

The Patriot Woodworkers with Operation Ward 57 Adopt a Wounded Warrior Family for the Holidays - 2019 project is live, please click on link to view our very special annual project.

John Morris

Book (Tools, by Garrett Wade and Company)

Rate this topic

A couple weeks ago I purchased a couple books from Amazon's used book service. You can see the first book that arrived in my mail at this discussion Fine Woodworking Building Small Projects.

56a05f18c7e65_GarrettWadeToolsBook.jpe.dMy newest book arrived in the mail from Amazon, it is simply titled "Tools", by the Garrett Wade Company and some beautiful photography by Dick Frank. This book is awesome, it's a hard cover book in near new condition with over 240 pages of great information about our tools, and some history behind them. The illustrations are wonderful and the images are to drool over. Here is a link to the same book I now have, at Garrett Wade Tools or you can click on the image to the left to view the book.

I bought mine for a mere 5 bucks used from a book store in Utah, they shipped it shortly after I purchased it and it arrived in a week. This book normally retails for about 30 bucks brand new in wrapper, if you can even find it anymore, but you can find many at Amazon for less in near new condition. I am very happy with my new found source of used books. For years I bought new books, but not many because they are expensive, now this Amazon used book store has opened up a whole new world of high quality books for me, and I am enjoying it completely.

Links of Interest

Garrett Wade

Garrett Wade Tools Book List

Here is a neat excerpt from this book

"Man is a tool-using animal...without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all." -- Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

So, now I go lie down in my bed for the evening and flip through these awesome pages of tools!