Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Patriot Woodworker

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Check out Rob Durfos's New Gear

Featured Replies

At least I think it's new, I don't recall seeing it when I was there last.


Monster Jointer and Monster Shaper


ning-sf3-48452-13.jpg?width=640&height=4ning-shaping-48452-32.jpg?width=737&heig

  • Author

Is that machinery 3 phase Rob?

Now that is a jointer!!


 


And is that top clean and slick or what???

yes sir - 3 phase 9 Hp


John Morris said:

Is that machinery 3 phase Rob?

Tower, this is Ghost Rirder requesting fly by.


ning-sf3-48473-17.jpg


That's a negitave Ghost Rider.  The pattern is full.

  • Author

24.gif


Greg Coleman said:

Tower, this is Ghost Rirder requesting fly by.

 

That's a negitave Ghost Rider.  The pattern is full.

Could use the fence moved in and a guard for the blade by the operator.


 


But pretty pieces nonetheless!!!!!!!!

Greg Coleman said:


Tower, this is Ghost Rirder requesting fly by.

ning-sf3-48471-51.jpg


That's a negitave Ghost Rider.  The pattern is full.


It's not really a fence. Did you notice the powerfeeder ?


dragon1 said:

Could use the fence moved in and a guard for the blade by the operator.

 

But pretty pieces nonetheless!!!!!!!!

Greg Coleman said:

Tower, this is Ghost Rirder requesting fly by.

ning-sf3-48470-21.jpg

That's a negitave Ghost Rider.  The pattern is full.

Rob............Is that a Byrd head you have on there?????

No it is a Tersa Head -


Gary Heltemes said:

Rob............Is that a Byrd head you have on there?????

If that's not a fence, how are you jointing edges squarely??

Wow Rob, great setup. Does the powerfeed work ok on a jointer? I have a 12" and always thought about putting a power feed on it, but thought that you lose the control to flatten aboard? Is that 20 or 24" wide? Makes me dribble on the keyboard.... bobGrin.gif

Wow! Nice stuff. How about some brand names and sizes?

Hi Dragon , I have other machines that edge joint , different saws and a specially set up shaper - way faster for me.


dragon1 said:

If that's not a fence, how are you jointing edges squarely??

Bob ,The power feeder is indispensable flat out . A good eye , two swipes with the hand to establish two points and away you go. I keep a dedicated planer right next to the jointer that also helps straightening out the tough ones . This set up is necessary when working in 3-D or millwork that is not flat when finished .


Bob Kloes said:

Wow Rob, great setup. Does the powerfeed work ok on a jointer? I have a 12" and always thought about putting a power feed on it, but thought that you lose the control to flatten aboard? Is that 20 or 24" wide? Makes me dribble on the keyboard.... bobGrin.gif

The jointer is a Minimax Formula F 2 , 20 inches wide with Comatic Jointmate  feeder.


Richard McComas said:

Wow! Nice stuff. How about some brand names and sizes?

You never seem to skimp on equipment great toys Rob

Thanks Rob. Just a slick setup. I understand about having dedicated shapers. I have 5  and would use more if I had more room. bob

Bob , I have another one on order from SCM that is a pretty good sized machine and it  will be here early summer . It is one of the reasons I am expanding the shop.


Bob Kloes said:

Thanks Rob. Just a slick setup. I understand about having dedicated shapers. I have 5  and would use more if I had more room. bob

Nice machine. I am sure it will see lots of use. The products you do are great. Do you use all water base finish? In California, I suppose you have to. Did you ever try ML Campbell Agualante? Nice stuff too. bob

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.