Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Patriot Woodworker

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

One Outstanding Craftsman - My Friend Wendell

Featured Replies

I am still hoping Wendell pops in here with more stuff. I sure have enjoyed these pictures for a few days. I am hoping to meet Wendell maybe this fall or next spring at the OWWAMMOS gathering. He seems to have a love for nice wood, like me. bob

Wendell is a great guy, fabulous woodworker as you can tell from the pictures. He also does metal working.


Having been to his home and shops you start to get a feel of the heart of this man, He has a real passion for his craft. 


Thanks for writing this up and posting the pictures.


 


Jim Page


 

  • Author

More pictures of Wendell's place:


 


Old bow mortiser


 


ning-bowmortiser-47446-21.jpg?width=721


 


 


another foot powered mortiser


 


ning-pedalmortiser-47446-48.jpg?width=72


 


Big lumber.........


 


ning-board1-47446-37.jpg?width=721


 


The board leaning on the wall on the right side of picture is 1 board and not a glue-up


 


ning-board2-47446-39.jpg?width=721


 


How many of you have a board this wide ?????? We don't see many mahogany boards in Missour(a) that are 38 1/2" wide.........whew 


 


ning-board3-47446-14.jpg?width=721


More pics later .............


 


Wendell has been really busy and we will probably hear from him in the near future.........


 


Dan ~ headed back to my shed 

Nice stock! Looking forward to hearing from Wendell soon. bob

  • Author

 


Here are a few more pictures that I found of Wendell's place.........


 


The flooring is planked heart pine I believe that Wendell had shipped in from the New England area. It is secured with square nails and produces a very neat look for flooring..........


 


Also below are some more pics of his wood shop. If I get the time I may post some pics of his metalworking shop if anyone wants to see them.


 


 


 


ning-20091-47444-88.jpg


 


More wood shop pictures:


 


ning-wendellspring2009woodshop1-47444-29


 


ning-wendellswoodshop20092-47444-53.jpg


 


ning-wendellswoodshop20093-47444-74.jpg


 


 

      When Dan said he was going to post pictures of my work on the American Woodworker forum site, I told him he was too generous in his assessment of my abilities. However, I do appreciate the positive comments and critiques offered by so many of you. It is a gratifying experience for my peers to look favorably on my projects. That said, I can only echo the thoughts of Mr. Kloes in confessing that all of our good talents are a gift from God and all credit ultimately flows back to Him who is the source!


         As an aside, for those who have referred to my humility, you obviously have spent little time discussing such with  my wife. She would give a decidedly different view!  Many thanks, Wendell Lewis   

Thank you Wendell for being here and taking the time to come on over and take a look at us. I love your work sir, it is absolutely magnificent. I hope that with the little spare time you must have, that your able to pay us a visit from time to time and discuss our love of woodworking. I am very envious of your God given talents, I think the big guy was looking the other way when I was born, I really have to work at it, but what you do is pretty doggone fantastic.


 




wendell lewis said:


      When Dan said he was going to post pictures of my work on the American Woodworker forum site, I told him he was too generous in his assessment of my abilities. However, I do appreciate the positive comments and critiques offered by so many of you. It is a gratifying experience for my peers to look favorably on my projects. That said, I can only echo the thoughts of Mr. Kloes in confessing that all of our good talents are a gift from God and all credit ultimately flows back to Him who is the source!


         As an aside, for those who have referred to my humility, you obviously have spent little time discussing such with  my wife. She would give a decidedly different view!  Many thanks, Wendell Lewis   



Wendell, its great to hear from you. Please call me Bob. I was never a Mr..I look forward to hearing more from you. I certainly understand your ideas about what your wife thinks. Mine is like that too. I hope to get down sometime by Dan and I would love to meet you and spend time with you. It seems we have much of the same interests. Thank you again for stopping by. bob

  • Author

Wendell,


 


It is great to hear from you and as time goes on you may be able to field questions concerning some of the pictures I posted. I also have some pics of your metalworking shop and plan to post those some time. We appreciate outstanding work such as yours or I wouldn't have spent the time sharing knowing you as a friend and again sharing your God given talent. 


When I talked to you last and showed you some of Bob Kloes' beautifully figured maple on line and we both commented about wanting to purchase some of it then Bob makes the statement below......he is welcome anytime. What may or may not work out is that Bob can come and see us make the next OWAMMO's Gathering in October and bring us some of his beautiful wood............who knows. 


Bob said:

"I hope to get down sometime by Dan and I would love to meet you and spend time with you. It seems we have much of the same interests. Thank you again for stopping by. bob.........

 

 

 

       I identify with John's comment regarding inheriting talent. My sister is the real artist and has devoted a lifetime to it. I always tell people that God gave her the double portion, her talent plus mine!  I, as well, have to labor at it with many failures. As I tell my machinest buddies, I have to make three in order to get one. Edison was correct as far as I am concerned, genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration and I have perspired more than most.

Wendell, your gifts are tremendous but your true heart and Love is clearly apparent to me.  Chime in frequently and loudly.

  • 10 months later...

Dan, and Wendell,


All I can say, and think is Yowza!113.gif


This is some very outstanding work.43.gif


 


Larry35.gif


OWWM Forum Host


 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.