1/21/2013 - What did you get done over the weekend???

Fred Wilson

I know I'm late on this thread, folks.  Please forgive me.  We have either been on the road or having a great visit with Ray Seymore.  If the name doesn't ring a familiar note, he owns Seyco - Excalibur Scroll Saw..

Yes, I am the proud owner of a new saw.  Ray also is going to really fix my old one (since he had already sold me the parts to fix it and the fix didn't work).  Can't divulge the price, but I will say that the trip is well worth the time and expense.  We spent several hours going over new upgrades to the version 1, preventative maintenance of the new one, tips and hints regarding the EX-21.  One on one time with THE MAN - priceless.  Will change my signature when I get it home and on the bench.

Sooooooooooooooooooo, what have y'all gotten off the to-do list and out of the shop????

Fred
aka Pop's Shop
www.pops-shop.com
'Soooooo many patterns - sooooo little time'
Scroll Saw Forum Host

Well howdy Fred,

I didn't get a lot done due to having some adjustments in medications that made me sleep a lot, but I did finally get the apple box done.

ning-000-0001-12-18166-95.jpg?width=721

I also got the blanks drilled for the pens that are going to some well deserving troops

ning-000-00011-18166-48.jpg?width=721Hope to get these done in the next day or 2. It'll take a day though just for the glue to dry when I get the tubes in.

That's it from my end of the world. What about the rest of you?

Charles Nicholls
Site Host
nicholls61@att.net
Proud supporter of The Wounded Warrior Project, Homes For Our Troops and the NRA

http://www.etsy.com/shop/nichollswoodworks

With my shoulder all messed up keeping me out of the shop, my wife and I spent some quality time together. Saturday we did a number of errands during the day and then in the evening saw the movie "Le Miserables" which was really good. Sunday morning was church and then got to watch the 2 football playoff games in the afternoon and then went out and took a nice walk together in the evening. Today my wife had to do some work for her class in the morning so I went out and had breakfast nad read. In the afternoon we went to see a minor league hockey game where the local team "Ontario Reign" played the "Bakersfield Condors". It was a great game and went into overtime with the "Reign" winning it 2-1. The "Reign" are the minor league team for the Los Angeles Kings pro hockey team. It was so much fun we decided that we will do a couple more games during their season which ends in March. The prices sure are a lot less than watching a pro game and the arena is smaller so you really don't have any bad seats and it is very family friendly without the unruly crowds.

Allen Worsham
Corona, CA

allenworsham@earthlink.net

'Graze in every man's field, but always give your own milk' J. Vernon McGee

Well lets see what did I get finished. Hmmmm just a couple things.

Made a new pair of saw horses, since most of my bigger projects are done outside, plus I found the bracket kits a couple weeks ago when I was plundering shop #2 looking for something else. I think they are some that my Father in law bought, if so they have been around fore a while ( he passed away in '99). Notice the made in U.S.A. on the box.

2013012015.24.11.jpg?width=721

2013012016.13.06.jpg

2013012015.24.22.jpg?width=721I got these finished last night, more wine glass caddys.

ning-100-3908-18164-6.jpg

And a couple cat fish and native american wolves

ning-100-3896-18164-62.jpg?width=721

ning-100-3898-18164-48.jpg?width=721

ning-100-3899-18164-91.jpg?width=721

ning-100-3900-18164-33.jpg?width=721

Greg
Site host

http://www.thesawdustfactoryga.com/

That box looks great Charles

Charles Nicholls said:

Well howdy Fred,

I didn't get a lot done due to having some adjustments in medications that made me sleep a lot, but I did finally get the apple box done.

ning-000-0001-12-18163-15.jpg?width=721

I also got the blanks drilled for the pens that are going to some well deserving troops

ning-000-00011-18163-88.jpg?width=721Hope to get these done in the next day or 2. It'll take a day though just for the glue to dry when I get the tubes in.

That's it from my end of the world. What about the rest of you?

Charles Nicholls
Site Host
nicholls61@att.net
Proud supporter of The Wounded Warrior Project, Homes For Our Troops and the NRA

Got a start to a Dinette Table today.  Hey, when you are on Sick Leave, every day is a weekend. 

Daughter wants a small table to sit a chair or two at in the kitchen.    I have some 2x pine for the top and legs.     Should be "fun".  NO TABLESAW in the shop type of fun.   One board is real rough, it can from that old garage that fell down last year.   Looks like a pine 2x8, does NOT plane like a pine 2x8.    Way too brown in colour....

At least the Dungeon is warmer that the old shop in a barn.    If I need a little more heat down there, I could always start the clothes dryer up.  

Planer? I'm the 'planer', and these are what I use...

Fred, That sounds like a very productive trip. From your place to Rockwall, TX, now that's a good distance, no? Does Ray still sell expandable sanding drums? I bought a couple sets from him several years ago. They are alternatives to the expensive air filled ones. They work well.

Charles, Nice looking box! And, some troops are getting some good looking pens, too. Those blanks are very nice looking. Good on ya for making them for the guys/gals.

Greg, That was a nifty find. They make much better horses than the brackets that use the 2X4 on edge. Love those wine glass holders, too. That's a neat idea. 

Allen, Not even a bum shoulder keeps you down! How's that coming along? Was it just a bad bruise? Pulled muscles? Sprain? How long does the Doc give you to heal?

Bandit/Steven, That does sound like a "fun" project. Can you get some pictures as you make it? You didn't ask here, but I vote for tapered legs. How's Igor working out. You gonna keep him on?

Got a little shop time in on Saturday. Ripped and planed some 3/4X3/16 edging strips. Got a few glued on. 

Sunday, Phyl and I traveled to Prescott, AZ to see a Kris Kristofferson concert. Great concert. Went antique shopping in Prescott on Monday. They are all really proud of their "antiques". We brought nothing home but good musical memories. 

Gene
'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

Well, Woodworking Show on Friday,  Worked on the base to my daughter's corner cupboard on Saturday and drove 500 mile on Sunday.  Whew, what a weekend.

Here's the base of the cupboard and the top should be done tomorrow.

ning-100-0675-18158-67.jpg?width=721

Ron Dudelston
Site Administrator

Above and Beyond WoodWorks

500 miles in one day!? that's a bit much don't you think? especially for old fart's like us. :)

Ron Dudelston said:

Well, Woodworking Show on Friday,  Worked on the base to my daughter's corner cupboard on Saturday and drove 500 mile on Sunday.  Whew, what a weekend.

Ron Dudelston
Site Administrator

Nah, not in a van.  When I was working I used to drive to Detroit for a meeting and then turn around and come back home which is about 500 mile roundtrip.  We've driven to Florida non-stop before.

Charles Nicholls said:

500 miles in one day!? that's a bit much don't you think? especially for old fart's like us. :)

Ron Dudelston said:

Charles Nicholls
Site Host
nicholls61@att.net

Yea I like those brackets a lot better, and you can use any width you want for the tops, I used 2x8 so I'd have some good surface area, and they are about 38" high, just right so I don't have bend over to far :) . The wine glass holders are a great way to use up leftovers. 

Gene Howe said:

Fred, That sounds like a very productive trip. From your place to Rockwall, TX, now that's a good distance, no? Does Ray still sell expandable sanding drums? I bought a couple sets from him several years ago. They are alternatives to the expensive air filled ones. They work well.

Charles, Nice looking box! And, some troops are getting some good looking pens, too. Those blanks are very nice looking. Good on ya for making them for the guys/gals.

Greg, That was a nifty find. They make much better horses than the brackets that use the 2X4 on edge. Love those wine glass holders, too. That's a neat idea. 

Allen, Not even a bum shoulder keeps you down! How's that coming along? Was it just a bad bruise? Pulled muscles? Sprain? How long does the Doc give you to heal?

Bandit/Steven, That does sound like a "fun" project. Can you get some pictures as you make it? You didn't ask here, but I vote for tapered legs. How's Igor working out. You gonna keep him on?

Got a little shop time in on Saturday. Ripped and planed some 3/4X3/16 edging strips. Got a few glued on. 

Sunday, Phyl and I traveled to Prescott, AZ to see a Kris Kristofferson concert. Great concert. Went antique shopping in Prescott on Monday. They are all really proud of their "antiques". We brought nothing home but good musical memories. 

Gene
'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

Great looking cabinet Ron. I see my bandsaw in the background, I'm gonna check tonight and see if mine's still there, LOL

Ron Dudelston said:

Here's the base of the cupboard and the top should be done tomorrow.

ning-100-0675-18153-62.jpg?width=721

Ron Dudelston
Site Administrator

Well I did get one edge, and one face planed almost smooth.    A 2x8x48" board was almost too much for me to do.   I'd plane awhile, and have to take a break.    Gas tank don't have enough anymore, I guess.     I now what I need to do to make the table, just not enough energy to do it. 

That Parplus #5 that i set up as a cambered jack, is working real nice.   At $8, it was a good deal. 

Planer? I'm the 'planer', and these are what I use...

Archived