June 27, 201313 yr comment_12014 Last week I started building two side tables that will accompany a new couch and chair. As of this morning, I have the legs turned and the tables assembled. I'm working on drawers now. When I turned the legs, I turned nine of them instead of eight so that if I messed one up I'd have a spare.  Well, as you can see, I still have a spare.  Sigh..   Ron DudelstonSite AdministratorAbove and Beyond WoodWorks Report
June 27, 201313 yr comment_12029 Looks good Ron. Looking forward to seeing the finished tables. Great Job.Wayne MahlerGod bless and protect our troops that serve so we can be free. Report
June 27, 201313 yr comment_12028 I don't often say this to a guy, but, nice legs, Ron! If you hadn't turned that extra one, you would have surely needed it. It always works that way. Lew Kauffman-Wood Turners Forum HostTime Traveler and Purveyor of the Universe's Finest Custom Rolling Pins! Report
June 27, 201313 yr Author comment_12027 Lew, those words had a better ring when Susie said them.Ron DudelstonSite AdministratorAbove and Beyond WoodWorks Report
June 29, 201313 yr comment_12026 Yea but the Supreme Court hadn't ruled then.nice job on the tables, Man you got those coming along. They look really good, I know Dorothy is going to love them.Ron Dudelston said:Lew, those words had a better ring when Susie said them.Ron DudelstonSite AdministratorAbove and Beyond WoodWorks Report
June 29, 201313 yr comment_12025 I love the tables. Â Can't wait to see them finished. Â Your work is always spectacular! Â Is that oak?SQHappiness is wood chips flying! Report
June 29, 201313 yr Author comment_12024 Thanks Sue. The tables have been stained and will get the first coat of finish this morning. I'm still debating on whether to lacquer them or not. Alot will depend on the humidity here today. Yes, they are red oak.Ron DudelstonSite AdministratorAbove and Beyond WoodWorks Report
June 29, 201313 yr comment_12023 Great looking tables Ron, looking forward to seeing the color put on them. Can we have the low down on stain brand, finish brand and a finishing schedule? John MorrisThe Patriot Woodworker Report
June 29, 201313 yr Author comment_12022 John, I put a General Finish wipe on stain (Salem) on the tables and I'm still up in the air on the finish. Since the table is in a high use area with grandkids around I'll probably put about 4 coats of wipe on poly on it. I'd love to shoot it with lacquer but the Indiana humidity is really high today and I don't like to shoot lacquer with high humidity. For the record, I mix my poly 50/50. Since it is humid it'll be 50% GF poly and 50% naptha. Dries quicker.Ron DudelstonSite AdministratorAbove and Beyond WoodWorks Report
June 29, 201313 yr comment_12021 Ron, Very nice indeed!!! Â Larry Old Woodworking Machinery Forum Host Report
July 7, 201313 yr Author comment_12020 Well, after the fifth coat of finish the tables are complete and sitting in the family room. Here is one of them.   Ron DudelstonSite AdministratorAbove and Beyond WoodWorks Report
July 7, 201313 yr comment_12019 The table turned out nice and looks good in your home.Allen WorshamCorona, CAallenworsham@earthlink.net'Graze in every man's field, but always give your own milk' J. Vernon McGee“Our greatest fear should not be that we won’t succeed, but that we will succeed at something that doesn’t matter.†D.L. Moody Report
July 7, 201313 yr comment_12018 Love that color!! Ron Dudelston said: Well, after the fifth coat of finish the tables are complete and sitting in the family room. Here is one of them.   Ron DudelstonSite AdministratorAbove and Beyond WoodWorks Lew Kauffman-Wood Turners Forum HostTime Traveler and Purveyor of the Universe's Finest Custom Rolling Pins! Report
July 8, 201313 yr comment_12017 Great job Rob. Love the way they look.Wayne MahlerGod bless and protect our troops that serve so we can be free. Report
July 8, 201313 yr comment_12016 Ron, It turned out perfect!  Love the drawer! SQ Ron Dudelston said: Well, after the fifth coat of finish the tables are complete and sitting in the family room. Here is one of them.   Ron DudelstonSite AdministratorAbove and Beyond WoodWorks Happiness is wood chips flying! Report
July 8, 201313 yr Author comment_12015 Thanks folks. My wife liked them so well that I get to build another for the end of the couch. I think I'll build two and sell the spare.Ron DudelstonSite AdministratorAbove and Beyond WoodWorks Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.