Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Patriot Woodworker

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

General 75-040 Bench Top Mortiser

Featured Replies

I am seriously considering purchasing this machine. has anyone had any good or bad experiences with it?


Thanks for replying.

Sorry, 


My experience is limited to my Bridgewood (very similar to Grizzly). It is a no-frills mortiser but does a nice job.




Lew Kauffman-
Wood Turners Forum Host
Rolling Pin photo crop3_zps88fb0af9.jpg?width=100
Time Traveler and Purveyor of the Universe's Finest Custom Rolling Pins!

Steve, that particular mortiser has the dovetailed ways that the head rides up and down on, it is very stable and virtually zero play in the head as you would have in the double column mortisers. It looks like  solid performer to me, yet I have not personal experience. I read the specs and it seems to be a very robust machine and solid. 


Like I said, those dovetail ways caught my eye immediately!




John Morris
The Patriot Woodworker
ning-image001-10668-84.jpg?width=90

Steve, I'm like John, it looks awesome, but I have not used it myself.





John Moody
Site Administrator


John Moody Woodworks
http://www.johnmoodywoodworks.com

  • Author

thanks John. Well I will let you know soon as I have ordered this mortiser. The stoutness is one charistic I liked also, being that it was under the $400 price range.




John Morris said:


Steve, that particular mortiser has the dovetailed ways that the head rides up and down on, it is very stable and virtually zero play in the head as you would have in the double column mortisers. It looks like  solid performer to me, yet I have not personal experience. I read the specs and it seems to be a very robust machine and solid. 


Like I said, those dovetail ways caught my eye immediately!




John Morris
The Patriot Woodworker
ning-image001-10666-80.jpg?width=90




Alright Steve!!! Congrats on the purchase! Looks like it will give you years of great service, and it has a great name brand attached to it as well. Please let us know how it arrives and unpacks and hooks up, we'd love to learn all about it.

Steve Chancellor said:


thanks John. Well I will let you know soon as I have ordered this mortiser. The stoutness is one charistic I liked also, being that it was under the $400 price range.




John Morris said:







John Morris
The Patriot Woodworker
ning-image001-10665-33.jpg?width=90

I know you will be give it a run through. Congratulations on the purchase and please give us a first hand review when you've had a chance to use it.





John Moody
Site Administrator


John Moody Woodworks
http://www.johnmoodywoodworks.com

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.