Free CAD Software

lew

I haven't tried either of these. They were referenced in a newsletter I receive. Just passing it along for anyone who might be interested.

CadStd Lite-

http://download.cnet.com/CadStd-Lite/3000-6677_4-10276935.html?tag=mncol;8

DoubleCAD XT-

http://download.cnet.com/DoubleCAD-XT/3000-18496_4-10907980.html?tag=mncol;7

Both downloads come from Download.com so they are reliable. The second one is rated very high. 

Again, I haven't tried either. I'm still struggling with Sketchup!

When you use the CNet installer, read the screens carefully to avoid installing "extra" stuff you may not want or need.

For DoubleCAD use DCAK-6746-0366-4350-3180 as the key

once installed, you'll need to do an on-line activation

Lew Kauffman-
Wood Turners Forum Host
Rolling Pin photo crop3_zps88fb0af9.jpg?width=100
Time Traveler and Purveyor of the Universe's Finest Custom Rolling Pins!

I'll pass along a hint.  Once you download these and install them go out to Malware bytes and get the free version to remove the adware that may be there.  The last two or three times I pulled something down from download,com, I go adware.  No destructive adware but there nonetheless.

Ron Dudelston
Site Administrator

Above and Beyond WoodWorks

Excellent suggestion, Ron!

I did install the DoubleCAD, just to look at it. Unchecked all of the free offers. Ran MalwareBytes. Nothing found.

Ron Dudelston said:

I'll pass along a hint.  Once you download these and install them go out to Malware bytes and get the free version to remove the adware that may be there.  The last two or three times I pulled something down from download,com, I go adware.  No destructive adware but there nonetheless.

Ron Dudelston
Site Administrator

Above and Beyond WoodWorks

Archived