Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Patriot Woodworker

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Band saw questions

Featured Replies

I have a 14" Jet bandsaw that I use quite a bit. One thing that began to irritate me was that the wood that I was sawing or resawing would catch on the bed after it passed over the throat plate. The throat plate sets a few thousands below the saw bed and the blade would leave some splinters of wood on the stock. This would stick on that tiny difference between the bed and the plate. I cut a playing card spacer (you can see the white piece near the blade/


I bought some plastic zero clearance plates, but they were the same thickness as the aluminum. 



It cuts much better with the spacer in there.



Is the throat plate designed that way for a reason?


Am I not seeing something about this set up?



Thanks for your thoughtsning-throatplate-9016-37.jpg)

Ron


I had the same problem with mine. It is a used enco I picked up for $40.00. I did the card spacer under it, and like you it helped a lot. The rest of the remedy I did was to take a piece of clear packing tape, and brought it up to the back of the blade and smoothed it on the table. Seems to act as a lubricant and allows the wood to slide smoothly. Hope this helps you. You do have to replace the tape and clean up is a since with a little lacquer thinner on a rag. It removes any residue from the the tape and takes very little to do so.




Wayne Mahler
God bless and protect our troops that serve so we can be free.

I've been living with the same problem for years. Thanks for the "Fixes"!




Lew Kauffman-
Wood Turners Forum Host
Rolling Pin photo crop3_zps88fb0af9.jpg?width=100
Time Traveler and Purveyor of the Universe's Finest Custom Rolling Pins!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.