Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

The Patriot Woodworkers with Operation Ward 57 Adopt a Wounded Warrior Family for the Holidays - 2019 project is live, please click on link to view our very special annual project.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Davis

Aviation Theme Scroll Saw Patterns

I am scheduled to take a neighbor for an plane ride on her birthday next week, and I would like to give her a scroll saw memento of her flight, but I have not been able to find a suitable pattern.   I am looking for a  female figure with an aviation theme -- something simple that I can complete in a day or two. Any ideas?

Joe

Here is a picture I got from another scroll site. See if this will work for you. Don't look hard at all, so a day or two should be fine. A simple frame to finish it off and it looks to be a  nice piece.ning-bobsairplane-5885-17.png?width=450Just click the image for a full size. 8 1/2 x 11. Cut out the grey areas, mount on a dark backer board and frame.

Wayne Mahler
God bless and protect our troops that serve so we can be free.

Thanks, Wayne,  I think I will go with a version of this one for now.

Wayne Mahler said:

Joe

Here is a picture I got from another scroll site. See if this will work for you. Don't look hard at all, so a day or two should be fine. A simple frame to finish it off and it looks to be a  nice piece.ning-bobsairplane-5883-20.png?width=450Just click the image for a full size. 8 1/2 x 11. Cut out the grey areas, mount on a dark backer board and frame.

Wayne Mahler
God bless and protect our troops that serve so we can be free.

Harry Brink said:

Good Morning Joe. Have you checked out Steve Good's site? There are several there that you could change a bit to suit your needs.  scrollsawworkshop.com

Have fun!

Harry Brink
Bulldog Woodworking
Montana

Harry, just took a look at Steve's site.  He has a lot of good stuff there that I would like to try.   All those projects and so little time!

ning-earhartpattern1-5880-4.jpg?width=72Joe, I have several nose art patterns on my website for sale but they are pretty involved and probably wouldn't work for this project. However, I just completed this one of Amelia Earhart and her Lockheed Electra. It is a simple cut and it may work for you. You could add your passengers name perhaps and the date of her flight.

Just a thought.

If you cut this one I would love to see a picture of it.

Don R

Scrollsawing and carving on the Cumberland Plateau
www.oldcrowwoodcrafts.webs.com
www.oldcrowscrollwerks.weebly.com

Thanks, Don.

Don Robinson said:

ning-earhartpattern1-5879-93.jpg?width=7Joe, I have several nose art patterns on my website for sale but they are pretty involved and probably wouldn't work for this project. However, I just completed this one of Amelia Earhart and her Lockheed Electra. It is a simple cut and it may work for you. You could add your passengers name perhaps and the date of her flight.

Just a thought.

Don R

Don, Here's how this turned out for me.  An all-dark background would probably make it look better.ning-amelia3-5878-11.jpg?width=721ning-amelia1-5878-70.jpg?width=721

Don Robinson said:

ning-earhartpattern1-5878-40.jpg?width=7Joe, I have several nose art patterns on my website for sale but they are pretty involved and probably wouldn't work for this project. However, I just completed this one of Amelia Earhart and her Lockheed Electra. It is a simple cut and it may work for you. You could add your passengers name perhaps and the date of her flight.

Just a thought.

Don R