Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Winners have been randomly selected, please see the list of lucky recipients at Winners Announcement. Please scroll down a tad at the original topic to view the list.

John Morris

The Click Rule, Great for Woodworkers, and the Visually Impaired

Rate this topic

Our good friend and veteran Mark Wilson sent in an image of a wonderful shop aid that he received from the fine folks at Hines VA Center For the Blind gave him, it's a click rule. And it is a wonderful measuring device that is used widely in the shops of the visually impaired, the measuring uses are endless with this handy little device and the construction, fit and finish appear to be top quality.

See image below

ning-image-5350-23.jpeg

If you look at it, it is a very robust and strong story stick. Seems like it would make a great addition to anyone shop whether you are visually impaired or not.

Here is a quote from Mark Wilson below.
"I thought maybe you and the guys might be interested in the click rule. The Hines Blind Center has given me them to help me measure. They are also handy to set router bit height and move the fence on the router table quickly in increments of 1/16" or more.
Also good on table saw setting fence but always remember if you measure from outside of blade add a 1/8" for kerf. Here's a website were they sell it but you maybe able to find it else where." Mark Wilson

Thank you Mark!!!! Great heads up man!

Hello Mark,

My name is Ginger Lowe, I am the Vocational Evaluator at the Helen Keller National Center Located in Sands Point, New York.  I have the opportunity to work with low vision or blind/deaf individuals from all over this country, helping them explore vocational opportunities. I’m currently working with a seasoned gentleman with a strong background in wood crafts. We have been searching for Click Rules and the Rotomatic Rule    with no success. Wondering if you would be able to assist?

Appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Ginger

Ginger Lowe

Vocational Evaluator, MS

Helen Keller National Center

141 Middle Neck Road

Sands Point, NY  11050

516/944 – 8900 Ext. 301

ginger.lowe@hknc.org

https://www.helenkeller.org › hknc

@Ginger, I also left a message for Mark Wilson to contact you, I believe he acquired his Click Rule from the Hines Center for the Blind through his VA when he was taking their vocational woodworking program.

WWW.HINES.VA.GOV

Apply for and manage the VA benefits and services you’ve earned as a Veteran, Servicemember, or family member—like health...

Also Highland Woodworking is now offering the Click Rule as well.

WWW.HIGHLANDWOODWORKING.COM