Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
John Moody

Friday, Feb 7th, What's on Your Patriot Woodworking Agenda this Weekend?

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

John Moody -
John Hechel -

Top Posters

Many of you are still being hit hard with the cold, snow and messy weather. Here, if you don't like the weather, wait a day and it will change. We have been in the single digits part of the week and in the 60's part of the week. Talk about keeping you messed up, that will do it.

I have been working on several projects in the shop at the same time but the one taking the most of my time is a Cherry Blanket Chest. I was sent a picture of this chest and ask to build one as close to this as possible, but to use my own artistic flare on the chest.

ning-img-2941-5244-92.jpgSo I have been working on the side panels with the boards running vertical instead of horizontal. To keep the panels flat I have been gluing two boards at a time and then gluing two section together until I have a full panel.

ning-img-2930-5244-90.jpgHere are the two panels that will make up the ends of the Chest.

ning-img-2929-5244-12.jpgThe are laying horizontal in the picture but they will be turn for the end panels. The other picture is the first set of glue ups to make up one side. I hope to have all of the panels finished by the weekend and start to work on the trim pieces for the top and bottom of the panels.

By the way, I love those Bessey Clamps!! They are so nice for panel glue ups.

I was also sent a sample piece to match a color and I just got in the stain samples in so I can start trying to match this up.

While I am waiting on the panels to dry, I have been putting together this small TV stand to sit on top of a cabinet for a friend. This is Poplar and will be painted black so blend in with the TV and components. I have already sanded it but this was before I smooth everything out. I should be finished this weekend.

ning-img-2923-5244-69.jpgSo that is pretty much what is going on in my shop right now.

What is on your Patriot Woodworking Agenda this weekend? Are you building new projects, cleaning up the shop, making jigs, or clearing away the snow? We are always interested in the projects you are working on and love to see the pictures posted here in this thread so we can all share in your weekend woodworking. So come on and post some pictures for us to share your projects. You might just inspire someone to try something new.

John Moody
Site Administratorning-johnmoodywoodworkslogo2-5244-30.jpghttp://www.johnmoodywoodworks.com
“Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful.†Shaker Saying

Today I'll be working on some trophy plaques for my daughters up coming equestrian club event. I just received the medallion sized horse heads and today I am heading out to Anady's trophy's here locally to pick up the engraved plates I ordered a few days back. For a look at what I did last time for the club go to Horse Plaques.

This time I am going to use a traditional design with 4/4 stock and a square backing instead of a big block of wood like we did for the last ones.

I should have them wrapped up today, the event is next weekend.

Hope yall are having some luck getting out in your shops, it is cold around the nation!

John Morris
The Patriot Woodworker
ning-image001-5255-46.jpg?width=90

Oh ya! And I'll try to get some images up later on the day, since I have not gotten on them yet, I gots none right now.

John Morris said:

Today I'll be working on some trophy plaques for my daughters up coming equestrian club event. I just received the medallion sized horse heads and today I am heading out to Anady's trophy's here locally to pick up the engraved plates I ordered a few days back. For a look at what I did last time for the club go to Horse Plaques.

This time I am going to use a traditional design with 4/4 stock and a square backing instead of a big block of wood like we did for the last ones.

I should have them wrapped up today, the event is next weekend.

Hope yall are having some luck getting out in your shops, it is cold around the nation!

John Morris
The Patriot Woodworker
ning-image001-5254-43.jpg?width=90

John Morris
The Patriot Woodworker
ning-image001-5254-43.jpg?width=90

Well, John, don't know what I'll get into down in the shop for the weekend - BUT - I'm definitely going to get down there.  Will be exactly one month since the surgery and I am finally able to get there, move around, sit, bend, etc.  Don't know what I will actually get done but will do something.

Fred
aka Pop's Shop
www.pops-shop.com
'Soooooo many patterns - sooooo little time'
Scroll Saw Forum Host
'Stop complaining about the storm and learn to dance in the rain.'

ATTA BOY Fred!!! Take it easy down there. Got a phone down there? 

Our son and family will be here and he wants to build some drawer dividers. That'll be the shop time. Otherwise, we'll be visiting and playing with the grands.

On their last visit we went sledding. Ain't gonna happen this time....darn it.

Gene
'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

Wow, John I missed those last time around. Very Nice! Look forward to seeing these and what you come up with.

Fred, glad you are getting into the shop. I am really glad you are doing better and getting around.

John Moody
Site Administratorning-johnmoodywoodworkslogo2-5250-48.jpghttp://www.johnmoodywoodworks.com
“Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful.†Shaker Saying

Glad you're vertical and back in the shop Fred.  As for me, I'm building serving tray for summer sales.

Ron Dudelston
Site Administrator

Above and Beyond WoodWorks

Thanks John, the ones I am making now have interesting grain, they'll be cool looking for sure. The gang loved the last ones.

John Moody said:

Wow, John I missed those last time around. Very Nice! Look forward to seeing these and what you come up with.

Fred, glad you are getting into the shop. I am really glad you are doing better and getting around.

John Moody
Site Administratorning-johnmoodywoodworkslogo2-5248-8.jpg?http://www.johnmoodywoodworks.com
“Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful.” Shaker Saying

John Morris
The Patriot Woodworker
ning-image001-5248-92.jpg?width=90

Yesterday was a regular job work day and a photo shoot with our web designer. We are inside of 2 weeks for going live with roundbarnwoodcrafts.com !!!

Today we are off to the Masonic center in Madison for the Valentines Crafttacular. so no shop time this weekend.

Round Barn WoodCrafts, Plymouth WI
roundbarnwoodcrafts@hotmail.com

Hope you do well John, Give us a report when you get back.

John Hechel said:

Yesterday was a regular job work day and a photo shoot with our web designer. We are inside of 2 weeks for going live with roundbarnwoodcrafts.com !!!

Today we are off to the Masonic center in Madison for the Valentines Crafttacular. so no shop time this weekend.

it was a good show. This show draws a wide variety of vendors such as crafters, eccentric artists, jewelry, performance artists, bakers, preserves. etc. so we never know what type of crowd will arrive.

I did get a bunch of pens turned tonight to give to my sister and parents when we are visiting them next week.

Sign in to follow this