Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Patriot Woodworker

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Powder post beetles....

Featured Replies

I hate this: I went into my stash and found a piece of curly maple that looked like it had some spectacular grain (it actually did) for my granddaughter's jewelry box. It was 13/16" and needed to be 1/2" thick so I sat out planing it down. After one pass I was confronted by numerous tunnels bored into the wood. Thinking I might be able to plane them off I went ahead and planed the board down to 1/2". I wasn't able to get rid of any of them. The pic shows the figure but I can't get the tunnels to show up. I've lost probably 80% of the board. Well, crap! Back to the stash and look for another board.DSC_0001.JPG

Edit in: I went back and tried a raking photograph and was able to catch some of the tunnels. The first pic I wiped MS on to make the grain stand out, this one is plain.

DSC_0001.JPG

Edited by Fred W. Hargis Jr

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 1

  • Fred W. Hargis Jr

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.