Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Patriot Woodworker

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Friday September 25th, 2026 - What's on Your Weekend Agenda?

Featured Replies

  • Popular Post

Friday again folks.

Might get some mowing done, might not.

Other than that not much going on around here.

What's on Your Weekend Agenda?

(Has to be more exciting than what's happening here.)

We booked a weekend trip to New York in May, this is the weekend for the trip. We've never experienced a nor'easter nor did we want to. The boat ride to Ellis Island was cancelled due to high waves. Winds 20-30 with gust up to 50mph with rain all day Saturday.

This isn't quite the weekend we planned but these are the cards we are dealt.

  • Popular Post

Hoping the lawn dries out enough to mow.

Other than that, spending Saturday on theater set builds.

  • Popular Post

Like Keith, I'm hoping to mow. Today I'm roasting a turkey, we have a turkey probably 3-4 times a year and I've been waiting for some cooler weather to fix one, with a high in the mid 60s today this is it. Otherwise, if I can get one of the kids or grandkids to stop by we'll move that sideboard I just built into the house (it passed Marie's inspection). Then I need to start searching for a jewelry box idea to make one for a granddaughter.

  • Popular Post

Hanging around the house waiting for the hospital to call for another MRI. X-ray showed one more fracture in my wife’s back that will require another vertebroplasty procedure. We thought we were over the hump, turns out we have a was to go.

  • Popular Post

Got the new siding on the front gables today. Hired help, I don't go climbing up ladders any more.

The neighbors and I share garbage collection as it's gotten very expensive ($1+ a day). I took advantage of them being out of town this week to fill up the recycle bin with some cardboard from the finish room floor that needed to be replaced.

We just received an e-mail:

I’m incredibly sorry to share that our September 25–27 trip to New York City has been cancelled and will be rescheduled.
As the severity of this nor’easter has become clearer, the Governor of New York has declared a state of emergency for New York City, Long Island, and Westchester County. In light of these conditions, our transportation partner has made the decision that they will not travel into the city this weekend.

Not sure what we're doing this weekend.

  • Popular Post

Thursday....a Vertigo attack sidelined me all day...I think, as I can remember a thing from that day....

Friday? too much running around.....I did hit one good yard sale, though....

$2 = 2 drill bits  .jpg

Fellow said $1 a piece...I said...Sold!....

Will see IF I can get back into the shop, Saturday....

  • Popular Post

Thanks for the Friday check in Larry. Waiting on news of our counter offer to the potential buyer of our home, VA loans are costly to the seller, so trying to work the numbers to make it work! I'm ready for no more showings, the gymnastics we go through before we leave the home to get it ready for each show it getting a tag old, but we are pros by now!

I have a trailer project coming up, I'll create a different topic for that, it's an open trailer, and I need to outfit it with side walls, and a roof, and a lockable rear door and ready before we move.

  • Popular Post

No plans for the weekend since I had a tinker-rama this week.

  1. My granddaughter is in band this first year in Middle School ( in my day we called it Junior High). I pick her up from school in the evenings and late last week she brought her saxophone home and wanted to practice on it so I made a makeshift music stand out of a couple of L shaped jigs from my shop. This prompted me make a music stand she could place on my kitchen bar.

Music_Std-1.jpg

Music_Std-2.jpg

Music_Std-3.jpg

I later added a couple of chip clips to the top of it to hold her sheet music.

  1. Later in the week I was getting my lawn mower and wheel barrel out of the shed and decided I needed a ramp.

Ramp-1.jpg

I couldn't close the shed doors with the ramp in place so I made a way to hang if on the inside of one of the doors.

Ramp-2.jpg

  1. And then yesterday I was cleaning the bottom shelf of one of my two workbenches and decided I was tired of having to get my two battery chargers off the shelf, clear a spot on the top of the bench to place them then putting them back under the bench when I was through charging batteries of having to move them out of the way to get something else I had stored on the shelf so I mad a mount for them.

Charge-1.jpg

And I came up with a way to swing it out of the way and hold it up while I got other things off the shelf and make it easier to see the charging lights.

Charge-2.jpg

So I'm tinkered out for a few days. Welllllllllll maybe not.

  • Popular Post

Went to the woods to get some stuff ready for the 🦌season. Did you know they love sweet potatoes? We always stop at a little cafe for lunch. Got home later than usual. My son bush hogged the bottom this morning so I took the hog off tractor and put the box blade back on so I can get back to dirt moving next week.

Finished the bottom on the walnut bowl and started the finish process. Going to pick up a barrel of shucked corn in the morning and oops no there is a game in the afternoon. Maybe some late shop time. Church Sunday and Dr appointment Monday........boy is that living?

  • Popular Post

I was asked to build a make a light out of a Fire Truck a friend of mine found for one of the Firemen in town.

The ladders were a lot of fun and came out nicely.

20241007_142020.JPG

As I thought of a design I remembered he has a 2 year old grandson who would fail to see the humor if he was told he couldn't play with grandpa's light. I found a work around.

20241007_142037.JPG

  • Popular Post

Wonderful idea. Hope the ladder can withstand a two year old ROFL

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.