August 20Aug 20 Popular Post comment_380164 Updates to our laundry room (also the entry from our garage) are underway. My husband handled most of the painting. I worked on building some shelves to replace wire racks. I used some plywood cutoffs that I edged on the front with poplar. Screwed in some cleats to hold the shelves. Old setupNew status - nothing on shelves yet due to wet paint!Still need to build some coat hangers and possibly a new "box" to replace the pine one (one of my first woodworking projects!) that holds our dog's food bin plus shoe storage. Report
August 20Aug 20 comment_380182 Nice work on the shelves, I'm not a fan of the wire ones. Painting definitely brightened it up. Report
August 21Aug 21 comment_380222 On 8/20/2026 at 5:12 AM, DuckSoup said:Nice work on the shelves, I'm not a fan of the wire ones. Painting definitely brightened it up.Most definitely! Report
August 22Aug 22 Author comment_380247 New hooks installed. These are 3D prints from PETG which is a strong filament. I added a couple extra hooks. Unfortunately spacing is somewhat determined by the desire to cover the screws used to hang the board so extra space at the center. I also made a couple mistakes with my measurements (balancing on the dog food holder box to reach this is my excuse...not likely a real factor🙄). Sigh...Other hooks are behind the door. Those are 3D prints with PLA filament, also mounted on walnut. Report
August 23Aug 23 comment_380260 Don't point out the spacing, people will think you planned it that way 🤣 nice work, looks good to me. Report
August 23Aug 23 Author comment_380266 2 hours ago, Rusty S said:Don't point out the spacing, people will think you planned it that wayConsidering making a little 3D print of a dog paw for the center "gap." Although the picture angle makes the others look off, those actually are evenly spaced. Or, realize once the first coat is hung, none of it matters!! Edited August 23Aug 23 by BB1 Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.