December 21, 2025Dec 21 Popular Post comment_367387 I made this Fold Up Stepstool for my shop and it has been real handy. It's made out of treated 2x6. Here's a look how it folds up using a 1" diameter aluminum tube I had laying around. It won't win any beauty contests but it serves me well! Thanks for looking! Feel free to comment, ask questions and "thumbs up 👍" if you like it! Cheers! MrRick Report
December 21, 2025Dec 21 comment_367388 Looks really handy! I like the fold down step, makes it easier on old knees. Report
December 21, 2025Dec 21 Author comment_367391 Thanks lew. It's amazing how ugly yet simple and effective it is to use. Everyone in the family uses it. Including sitting on it to put on shoes. Lol. Report
December 22, 2025Dec 22 comment_367406 7 hours ago, MrRick said: Thanks lew. It's amazing how ugly yet simple and effective it is to use. Everyone in the family uses it. Including sitting on it to put on shoes. Lol. Seldom does treated material look striking. Fit, function, form does however. Obviously it serves the original purpose and beyond. Like a carpenter friend of mine used to say, "you'll never see it from the road and we 'ain't taking it to the fair."😆 Not everything has to be a museum quality piece. Nice functional design Rick. Thanks for sharing. Report
December 22, 2025Dec 22 comment_367415 I like the folding idea , takes less room. I made a step stool but it is too narrow so had to put wings on it so it would not tip. I have an idea to improve your concept.Cut a handle hole in the top step , then is easy to pick up with one hand. I have plenty of 2x6, 2x8, and even some 2x12 to work with. Edited December 22, 2025Dec 22 by Gerald Report
December 22, 2025Dec 22 Author comment_367429 Gerald... I deliberately left an overhang on each side of top step for lifting. I felt this much safer than a hole on top. I didn't want the possibility of someone's toe catching on the opening. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.