Sketchup On The Web Free Course

Sketchup is available for free using the Web version. This software essentially replaces the last free desktop version- Sketchup 2017 also known as Sketchup Make.

For the casual user the free web version is powerful enough for most needs. It does have limitations for using the Sketchup warehouse and Sketchup plugins. 

Drawings for the web version can be stored on your own computer and accessed at any time. 

To access the web version go to:

https://id.trimble.com/ui/sign_in.html?state=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjEiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.eyJvYXV0aF9wYXJhbWV0ZXJzIjp7ImNsaWVudF9pZCI6ImM5MTNhOTBjLTRkY2YtNGFmYi1iM2RiLTYzN2JlMzc3NDZiZiIsInJlZGlyZWN0X3VyaSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXBpLnNrZXRjaHVwLmNvbS9sb2dpbi92Mi9sb2dpbi90cmltYmxlaWQvY2FsbGJhY2siLCJyZXNwb25zZV90eXBlIjoiY29kZSIsInNjb3BlIjoib3BlbmlkIHNrZXRjaHVwLWxvZ2luLXByb2QtVjIiLCJzdGF0ZSI6ImYxNjFhMmExLTBlZTktNGRkNy1hMTZjLWQ5Njc0ZmJmMGJlMiJ9LCJleHRyYV9wYXJhbWV0ZXJzIjp7fSwiaW50ZXJuYWxfcGFyYW1ldGVycyI6e319.dXWZ92F-mXFizxnJ0cYkTLzT5qWf0Ww_Ph8OPxjBbnhfVccNtSJE1zKx44DzD2brWEJgg5q_8Q_JnzD_qNj6PYv2U__z_LCaRvEdN2wklQ4SozhvyLIIMFKY8cyc-7YUswWlx9IqNxAT21TZQH1spNY3KCfpMyuOezouy76F9QxvDevU8IWrNrXZvcsWq8YrOEMoC1NmN9HIErfSoAyUgonc8IhQwnJdgyCgLz07tYpZwQlulumhOWguFyqb26HNZdJ4722FlGcPAT4IAUai-9dTCS_fWKCV7prRaSkr4GpWUZF-JNsZqZcHNya9uLL16O9TfmSHhmHc_bqTcNSPIw

Create an account or use your Trimble account.

The web version's interface is slightly different than the standalone paid version. To learn your way around, Trimble provides a free Web Fundamentals Course. You can sign up at-

https://learn.sketchup.com/courses/sketchup-web-fundamentals-part1

47 minutes ago, lew said:

I’m still using the old 2017 version. Works for my needs 

Windows 10 or 11? I don't suppose Win 7 Pro is compatible any longer? I have Win10 Pro on my laptop and a new to me Desktop with Win 10 Home, but it has 16g of RAM. What's the minimum RAM requirement?

2 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Windows 10 or 11? I don't suppose Win 7 Pro is compatible any longer? I have Win10 Pro on my laptop and a new to me Desktop with Win 10 Home, but it has 16g of RAM. What's the minimum RAM requirement?

Sketchup free is a browser based application rather than an OS application. It works well on W10 and W11 because they are supported by Google Chrome. Firefox still supports W7. PCs with W7 should work using the Firefox browser.

Your RAM memory looks good. Recommended 8G or more.

Not sure about your GPU but will probably work. A separate graphics card is best but motherboard graphics usually work fine unless you create a very large drawing. Nvidia is there recommended graphics card brand but others work well. 

If you want the 2017 version (not web based) let me know, I have a copy.