May 8, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_290316 To me, one of the indispensable modes of the SS is the horizontal boring mode. It is very useful for drilling into the end of a piece. The rip fence can provide a stop, the miter gauge a reference surface, and if needed, a block with a V cut out can hold round shapes. Today I used it with a plug cutter to cut 3/8" tenons on the end of spokes. I've also used it to drill holes in the center of legs so I can insert a dowel and repair a fracture. (Table or chair legs that is, no animal legs). Report
May 9, 20224 yr comment_290335 Many times this is much easier than setting up for drill press operations. Especially for drilling into edges or ends such as I had to do for my trophy shop work. Even works well to turn the table 90* and use the fence to rest an item on and make like a regular drill press when horizontal drilling wouldn't quite work. Report
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.