September 14, 20215 yr Popular Post comment_271159 My "honey lady" ordered more dippers for her gift store. This is the first batch of 25 I just finish sprayed. They've been good to me. Report
September 14, 20215 yr Popular Post comment_271162 That honeycomb treatment for handle is very cool. Wish I could find somewhere to sell things regularly. Report
September 14, 20215 yr Popular Post comment_271163 42 minutes ago, Steve Krumanaker said: They've been good to me. They sure have. You've been doing those quite a few years. They know a good product when they see it. Each one you make is a nice as can be. Report
September 14, 20215 yr comment_271166 I think that lazer engraving you've added really adds to the charm. Report
September 15, 20215 yr Author Popular Post comment_271169 5 hours ago, Gerald said: Wish I could find somewhere to sell things regularly. Wish I had a magic formula for you but I think it's as much luck as anything. There happens to be a bee keeper close to me with a nice gift shop. I showed one to her and she wanted 10, just to see. Took forever to sell one. Then, one day they were all gone and she wanted ten more. Since then, she has sold several hundred of them. I don't make much on one but she usually wants at least 25 at a time but usually 50. That makes it nice. Report
September 15, 20215 yr Popular Post comment_271171 Great job! Looks like A1 quality to me. .40 Report
September 15, 20215 yr comment_271190 14 hours ago, Steve Krumanaker said: Wish I had a magic formula for you but I think it's as much luck as anything. There happens to be a bee keeper close to me with a nice gift shop. I showed one to her and she wanted 10, just to see. Took forever to sell one. Then, one day they were all gone and she wanted ten more. Since then, she has sold several hundred of them. I don't make much on one but she usually wants at least 25 at a time but usually 50. That makes it nice. We sell at the MS AG Museum and have built up to a fair amount of sales but that is only during events they have in spring and fall. There was a big crafts show I did once for Christmas but that has been canceled last year and maybe this year. I am not going to travel 80 miles to set up and drag myself home afterwards so will just do some . It is fun at the Museum and we meet lots of folks. By the way the big seller in units sold are snap tops. Report
September 15, 20215 yr Author comment_271194 1 hour ago, Gerald said: By the way the big seller in units sold are snap tops. Are you talking about little spin tops? Never heard them called snap tops before but I can see the logic. People are funny, I had some items in another nice shop and she displayed my tops on a mirror laying flat, it was really good idea. They spin perfectly on a mirror and the reflection adds to the magic of a top. Anyway, the shop owner told me a lady was looking at one of my bowls. Said she really liked it but she wasn't paying $40.00 for a bowl. As the lady was leaving she noticed the tops and bought six of them at 8 dollars apiece for stocking stuffers. That's been a few years ago and the numbers are fuzzy but they're close. I'd had my tops in another shop for five dollars apiece, this shop owner said that was too cheap and she was going to charge $9.00 for one. I thought she was nuts but she sold a lot of my tops out of her store. Report
September 15, 20215 yr comment_271200 1 hour ago, Steve Krumanaker said: Are you talking about little spin tops? Never heard them called snap tops before but I can see the logic. So many kinds of tops. Snap because you basically snap your fingers. We started selling them for .50 then 2.00 and finally up to 5. I decorate the bottom and top but no finish as for these it detracts from the pens used for color. We always have fun turning different tops such as a Tippee Top, long stem top and a thumb or finger top (which spins on fingertip). Sometime we do longest spin contest. I have not done fancy tops but I do laminate a blank for executive top to have a holder and top. Report
September 18, 20215 yr comment_271351 They look great Steve. The laser engraving is very cool. Paul Report
September 19, 20215 yr comment_271405 Another fine product. Thanks for showing. Gerald, I was going to recommend that you come to Mobile, but I understand the dragging yourself back home after a show. The work is too much for the pay. Report
September 21, 20215 yr comment_271519 On 9/18/2021 at 11:12 PM, FlGatorwood said: Another fine product. Thanks for showing. Gerald, I was going to recommend that you come to Mobile, but I understand the dragging yourself back home after a show. The work is too much for the pay. Yeah after paying booth rent and the travel plus hotel if it is late just not really worth a travel that far Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.