Help us help a Wounded Warrior's Family Christmas

Join us in our annual Adopt a Warrior Family for Christmas Project, enter the raffle to help us raise funds for our adopted family!

Our Adopt a Warrior Project has ended, please standby for announcements!

Putzing around with boxes

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

That's a cool set, and I've long wanted one. I'm jealous. My thought process in the past has been that I don't do enough box joints to really buy the set, but who know what will happen in the future. I may only have enough wood for small boxes if I can't get to the lumber store sometime soon.

Will more with a set that produces quality results. The craftsman is just dull and had enough.

On 11/19/2020 at 11:50 PM, Gunny said:

Ordered this one this evening.

Hey Gunny, please be prompt about giving this set a whirl and posting up the results!

8 hours ago, Gerald said:

Wish I had known you wanted one I got one at estate sale for much less. I will probably never use it.

Sent you a PM Gerald

12 hours ago, Cal said:

Hey Gunny, please be prompt about giving this set a whirl and posting up the results!

Arrived today and installed this evening.  Tested of course and was pleased with results.  Have to work on the jig.  Thinking I would like a adapter plate for regular jig that I just slap on the front quick when needed.  Have to work on the engineering portion of that idea tomorrow.

431378830_Freudblades.jpg.0fa424e642b7f720f9f4f83e67b04e3d.jpg

12 hours ago, kmealy said:

If I understood you right, this is your grain matching technique?
image.png.e508ea7414fbbfcbdd7a969cc9ed1350.png

That is exactly what I did and thanks for the illustration. It's much easier to do than explain. I had searched a little for such a drawing and came up with bumpkus.