what happened

p_toad

We see that type fail alot in automotive.  Myself I stick with the tried and true wooden hammer, have several for different levels of persuasion.  And of course a brass hammer for those type of jobs.  Think the biggest ball peen I have is 48 oz.

Edited by Gunny

yeah, that pittsburg one there is one of the 1, 2, 3 lb copper series they used to sell.   They had a similar brass set in 1, 2, 3 lb sizes.   also have the rubber and poly types (and probably lead and aluminium around too).   sometimes  you need to hit something without leaving obvious marks....  :ChinScratch:

• 4 weeks later...

updated today....this just arrived in the mail.   Stanley replaced the one going bad.   They apparently don't make the type with the metal head on one side any more.

and this was the closest thing i could find in their online catalog when i was talking to one of their call center folks.

IMG_20201002_192326-1.jpg

Edited by p_toad

50 minutes ago, p_toad said:

updated today....this just arrived in the mail.   Stanley replaced the one going bad.   They apparently don't make the type with the metal head on one side any more.

and this was the closest thing i could find in their online catalog when i was talking to one of their call center folks.

IMG_20201002_192326-1.jpg

That is very bright orange, love it.  Wonder do they have in purple???  :ChinScratch:

I did some research on the web which showed the compo type hammers cracking from other vendors and being replaced and checked out Stanley's web site about their tool warranty and tried to fill out the web site "thing" but it wasn't working so i called the 800 number one day and the lady there was very helpful.   Took it about 3 weeks to get here, but with covid i'm not overly surprised.   A "tip of the hat" to Stanley for backing up their tools.:Praise: