June 9, 20206 yr comment_231694 I make rustic slab benches and I needed lots of legs. Making large tenons is work and can also be dangerous. I was at an auction one day and seen this machine in the first picture. I said to my self now what can I build out of this. I took everything apart and cleaned it up the best I could. Then I bought a Delta 12" wood lathe headstock and mounted it. Report
June 9, 20206 yr Author comment_231700 Tenon bit weights 45lbs. Edited June 9, 20206 yr by Kevin Beitz Report
June 9, 20206 yr comment_231706 York, PA is just an hour east of here! Awesome looking machine!!! Report
June 9, 20206 yr Popular Post comment_231709 Ditto. Does the job, alright. York PA is 3 weeks from here. Report
June 10, 20206 yr comment_231718 Pretty interesting machine you made. And seems to work very well. NICE!! Report
June 10, 20206 yr Author Popular Post comment_231721 This tenon bit I'm using came off a machine that had a 6 1/2hp 1156 RPM 3 phase motor. The bit was hooked directly on the motor shaft. I would not want to be the operator of that machine. Report
June 17, 20206 yr Author Popular Post comment_232503 I just finished up making a 15 deg. drill table for drilling 2" forest bit holes in my bench bases. Works great. Table lifts off so i can use my slab saw. Press stays attached. Report
June 18, 20206 yr comment_232515 Cool Idea! Sometime back, I made some chairs for the little kids next door. Compound angles for all of the legs. I built a sine plate to help drill the holes. Don't use it often but it sure does fill the bill when doing that kind of work, Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.