Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Gunny

Grizzly 12 inch Disc Sander Switch upgrade

Rate this topic

Bought this Grizzly several years ago off CL for $100.  Great sander, but the switch is on the motor which is on the back.  So to turn on and off you reach OVER the spinning disc with 80 grit sandpaper.  Not pleasant or to me even safe.  So I installed a box on a bracket I made to the FRONT of the unit.  Used a magnetic switch because we have power outages sometimes and I don't want the thing to turn back on and cause an accident.  Pucker factor 0000 so to speak.

I like this particular switch because it is very touchy.  Barely a bump on the paddle and power is off. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IEM2DSM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1139595753_magswitch.jpg.8b0f9975f93f1170bc976906b014e972.jpg  613893683_MagneticSwitch.jpg.83b95366f46a64b8c721115dc24bec82.jpg

I have an old Craftsman 12" disc sander that my son gave me several years ago. It was left  in the basement of the older home he bought. The cord appears to be in good condition but there is no shut off switch.You plug it in and it is running. I have used it a couple of times and it runs well but the idea of no shut off switch was very nerve racking.

54 minutes ago, Al B said:

I have an old Craftsman 12" disc sander that my son gave me several years ago. It was left  in the basement of the older home he bought. The cord appears to be in good condition but there is no shut off switch.You plug it in and it is running. I have used it a couple of times and it runs well but the idea of no shut off switch was very nerve racking.

Fixed one like that today for a friend.  He got it from a shop said it was hooked up to outlet that had switch on wall.  Used same switch and box and 10 ft cord with new end on it.  Worked good.