Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
HandyDan

Super Bowl XXXIX

Rate this topic

Loved this!!  What gets me today is that at work, social media, even just out in public we have this "Dignity and Respect"  "Basic Human Rights" shoved down our throats.  But it is okay to sit / kneel / ignore and just be a complete %## when the National Anthem is played.  

When traveling in Ukraine I happened to be at a bar on the night of a Football Match (Soccer).  The Ukrainian National Anthem began to play.  EVERYONE stood, EVERYONE sang and did so proudly.  How come we as Americans have to be so controversial about this??? When it comes to Politics there they are some passionate people, yet pride in country comes BEFORE the politics.  

Ukraine may have more national spirit since it has been recent years that they came from under the Iron Curtain.  Just saying.  When I worked at the Naval Air Station Pensacola, while the National Anthem was being played at 0800 each morning, many folks, including military were walking around as if they couldn't hear the music.  And, some folks who grew up near the base did not know that you are supposed to stop your car while the music plays.  Yep, a thorn in me.  Let them go fight in some war and see if they feel that way again.  

Edited by FlGatorwood