Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Dear folks, help us raise funding for our community directly. And in the process you'll have a chance to win some terrific tools donated by our sponsors!  Read More...

Gerald

Crosses redesigned

Rate this topic

• I can appreciate your effort to design something beautiful. BUT MY BELIEF makes me imagine the real cross as a TERRIBLY SAD AWFUL LOOKING PLACE/THING  that my savior died on. It was not a thing of beauty then, a REPLICAR is a reminder TODAY.
  • No way intending to hurt your feeling SIR, EXPRESSING MIND.
  • I'm a turner also, love placing an ugly piece of wood in the lathe, in only a few minutes it starts to become a thing of beauty.

6 hours ago, Buckaroo said:

TERRIBLY SAD AWFUL LOOKING PLACE/THING  that my savior died on. It was not a thing of beauty then, a REPLICAR is a reminder TODAY.

I agree, myself I carry this with me.  Have since it was given to me in Boot Camp.  Has survived through the darkest of hours, the bloodiest days, and been used to give last rites to fellow comrades.  No medal I ever received means as much to me as this does.

People as me why, my answer is simple.  Perspective.  Freedom comes at a price, just like salvation blood must be shed.

1 hour ago, Gerald said:

Christ shed his blood for our sins

Exactly

IMG_0835.JPG

Edited by Woodbutcherbynight