Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Winners have been randomly selected, please see the list of lucky recipients at Winners Announcement. Please scroll down a tad at the original topic to view the list.

lew

Sketchup materials and textures

Rate this topic

Some day I am going to meet someone that can sit down with me and show me exactly how this works.  Probably not today but someday.  I can do many things but the computer, unless I am shown I seem to have zero intuition.  Now car and truck computer work, no problem, grew up with it so I know how and why it works and how to manipulate it to do my bidding.  Except when the PCM decides no, I have had enough I quit.  :D

5 minutes ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

Some day I am going to meet someone that can sit down with me and show me exactly how this works

Sketchup does have a learning curve. I was very lucky to have been a member of another woodworking site which had a Sketchup guru as a member. He taught me so much about using it. Unfortunately, he left the site but he still does post on the Sketchup Forum and answers questions.

I'd be glad to give you some help. I don't know it all but I can do basic drawings.

10 minutes ago, lew said:

I'd be glad to give you some help. I don't know it all but I can do basic drawings.

Thanks, if I ever get started will drop a line, or two, or 10,000.  Hard to kick my addiction to the pencil and napkin approach.

:JawDrop:

Thanks Lew.  I just had the opportunity to few this video. It has a lot of good information.  I borrowed a collection of wood textures a few years ago which I use regularly.  Now I know where to look for other textures.  Thanks for sharing.  I'm sure I will listen to  this video again.

Danl