Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Smallpatch

repairing busted wood furniture

Rate this topic

Among my first repairs was a rocking chair with a very thin bottom.  I used a paint stirrer with sand paper to sand out the old glue in the seat bottom.  I checked it by clamping it dry and it looked perfect.  So, I applied the glue.  I decided that it would not move up and down, but alas I was wrong.  I came back about 20 minutes later and the bottom had shifted.  I did not have the tool to gently slice it open.  So, I have never done another chair bottom.  Correct clamping can prevent much re-do.  :BangingHead:

I had to repair a split wooden seat on a chair once.  I glued and clamped it back together the put in a dutchman/viking/whatever-you-want-to-call-it.    I did not point it out to customer when she picked it up but she noticed it and was pleasantly surprised.